Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
The color of the headrests is too uniform to be discoloration due to usage. It honestly looks like you got the light beige seats with the 2021 dark brown headrests.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I own a 2021 Palisade Limited with beige interior and I'm noticing the headrests are becoming discolored with an aged/yellowish tint that stands out against the beige seating. Anyone notice this problem?
UPDATE: Turns out it was a misbuild. The headrests we're for those of an SEL Premium (not genuine Nappa leather). There's a slight tone difference between the two. The manufacturers warranty covered a new seat of headrest and the dealer was very helpful.

·
Registered
16 Posts
UPDATE: Turns out it was a misbuild. The headrests we're for those of an SEL Premium (not genuine Nappa leather). There's a slight tone difference between the two. The manufacturers warranty covered a new seat of headrest and the dealer was very helpful.
Hope you poked the guy at the dealership who told you that it was your imagination in the eye! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I own a 2021 Palisade Limited with beige interior and I'm noticing the headrests are becoming discolored with an aged/yellowish tint that stands out against the beige seating. Anyone notice this problem?
Yes mine are a los doing the same i got my car in! Nov. 2020 and stared noticing like about 1 month ago.. Will ask the car dealership about it on my next oil change

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for posting your update. I also have the same issue.. Just called my dealership to explain the same issue and linked this forum thread to read.

I thought I was losing my vision when I noticed that the color was different .

Thank You
Elsa

·
Registered
29 Posts
Digging this back up. I posted the same thing thinking it was related to the odor treatment. Any updates on the dealer replacing them and if any noticeable discoloration has happened since.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check it out, these pictures actually show the difference in tone between the headrests and seats. This vehicle was purchase on 10/23/2021.
This is really strange. I have the same interior, no smell and my headrests match the seats but I have only had mine for a little over a month. Something must have happened to make them change color. I'll be interested to hear what the dealer does.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Digging this back up. I posted the same thing thinking it was related to the odor treatment. Any updates on the dealer replacing them and if any noticeable discoloration has happened since.
I Got mine replaced at the Dealership. They told me that my car was not the first they seen that had the issue. The minute i got the correct headrest you could tell immediately they weren't the right ones on there before the touch of the new ones is much softer actually feel like real Napa Leather. Where the others felt like plastic .

·
Registered
1 Posts
The exact same thing has happened in my 2021 Palisade. First the armrests...now the headrests. They have yellowed.
Dealer has not been very responsive and told me they have never heard of this happening. Going back this week to let another service person take pictures.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
656 Posts
I have black interior and had the smell treatment on the seatbacks last week but anyways, was talking to the service manager about the lighter interior. He told me they had one come in and they replaced all the headrests due to discoloration. The owner never had them treated for the smell, it just turned color on their own. I asked if maybe the manufacturer could have pretreated for the smell prior to shipping. Said good question but didn't know. Possible they do those TSBs prior to shipment?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts