Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2021 Palisade Limited with beige interior and I'm noticing the headrests are becoming discolored with an aged/yellowish tint that stands out against the beige seating. Anyone notice this problem?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,274 Posts
Not on mine.
Do you use a hair spray, conditioner, or something like that?
The head rests will clean easy with a good interior cleaner
Most will work on leather or vinyl.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No hair products. It’s on all four headrests and I’ve only had the vehicle 3 months.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can you take some pictures of this?
I have the same color combination and I have not had this issue (yet). Of course the vehicle is 2 weeks old.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
See the dealership.
You have the light beige interior with the darker beige headrests.
Wrong headrests installed.
There are only two interior color options on this model, the one you see in the photos (beige), which is actually an off white, and Black. These headrests matched the color of the seats when the vehicle was delivered to me and has changed in the 2.5 months since buying it. There's some type of defect as the color is actively changing to the dingy yellow you see in the photos.

·
Super Moderator
1,274 Posts
Has the dealership said anything about them?
You may want to call customer service and see if you can send them the pictures of the headrests

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has the dealership said anything about them?
You may want to call customer service and see if you can send them the pictures of the headrests
I've just made them aware today. I'll keep posted the results. I'm aware of the issue with odor coming from the headrests (I do not have odor) but not aware of any discoloration. My inclination is that whatever they're using to treat the odor, is causing discoloration but I will let everyone know the results of the dealer's response on this.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Maybe you have the replacement, non smelly headrests, but lo and behold, they ha e a problem of their own...

Pick your poison! 😆

Hopefully the dealer can resolve the issue.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
123 Posts
Looking at the headrests, I agree with @Gene that they are the wrong color. Your car seems to be the light beige with blue accents (correct?, the back of the seats is blue) and the headrests seem to be the ones that are "dark brown" which is really just a beige with brown accents. All those places you have blue accents (like the steering wheel) is brown in the cars with the "dark brown" interior.

Someone switched out your headrests. Either you never noticed it before now and bought it this way, or someone literally changed out the headrests at some point (did you have the car serviced?) and you now noticed. But I truly think those headrests are to a completely different interior color.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
123 Posts

If you look at these pictures, it really does seem that you have the Dark Brown Nappa Leather headrests on your Beige Nappa Leather interior.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Look at the piping in his pictures. It looks blue to me.

Also, in at least one of his pictures, it looks like the side of the seat is darker too. Didn't I read the head rests and sides are vinyl and not leather?

Starship might be right. Pick your poison. Smelly or dingy.

I'm getting my blue/beige Caligraphy next month. I'll be watching for this.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can see it now.....Service manager says "I don't see any difference, its your imagination." 😂 .

All apologies for making light (err actually dark) of this. I have never seen anything like what you have shown and described here, especially in such a short period of time. By any chance do you know a good friend who is a practical joker? Again, please do not take any offence. We are currently in a very strict Covid Lock down here in Ontario Canada. I just want to be on a warm sunny beach somewhere right now. Take care.

·
Super Moderator
1,274 Posts
Did someone about smelly head rests and the dealership exchanged the head rests not realizing what they were doing?
Of course could just be a screwup from the factory

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, he said they changed with time. Maybe dealer replaced them because it was stinky? And it turns out that the different materials that don't stink, change color over time...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I own a 2021 Palisade Limited with beige interior and I'm noticing the headrests are becoming discolored with an aged/yellowish tint that stands out against the beige seating. Anyone notice this problem?
I noticed the same with mine but only after the dealer tried to get rid of the smell. Once I got it back the headrests were looking off in color. I have similar looking pictures to yours.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts