Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6 month old 2021 Palisade had been through the same car wash multiple times but last week, while exiting the car wash, the front rack fell off onto the hood and then to the ground. Took it to the dealer who said that they never heard of this happening before, that it would not be covered under warranty, and that it would cost me $600 to replace the front roof rack. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
723 Posts
My 6 month old 2021 Palisade had been through the same car wash multiple times but last week, while exiting the car wash, the front rack fell off onto the hood and then to the ground. Took it to the dealer who said that they never heard of this happening before, that it would not be covered under warranty, and that it would cost me $600 to replace the front roof rack. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
You talking about the two cross rails? So was it the front one that came off? Hmmm, who installed it, the dealer? It's just a clamp that's tightened up with one bolt so maybe it just wasn't tight enough. Yeah who's at fault, who installed it? Car wash probably won't do a darn thing either. Honestly just another reason to not go to the car wash. I always hand wash mine too. Car wash chemicals are way to harsh and you'll do more damage in the long run.

Buy anyways, sorry this happened to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You talking about the two cross rails? So was it the front one that came off? Hmmm, who installed it, the dealer? It's just a clamp that's tightened up with one bolt so maybe it just wasn't tight enough. Yeah who's at fault, who installed it? Car wash probably won't do a darn thing either. Honestly just another reason to not go to the car wash. I always hand wash mine too. Car wash chemicals are way to harsh and you'll do more damage in the long run.

Buy anyways, sorry this happened to you.
Thanks for your reply. Actually, they came installed from the factory per what the dealer said

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
723 Posts
I am talking the cross rack and not the rails that they attach to. I can buy a set of 2 OEM, with one year warranty, on Ebay
Yeah $600 is crazy. I just looked at my window sticker and they were only $315.

But yeah sounds like the dealer didn't fully tighten them unless they just loosened up over time. But sounds like no other damage?

·
Registered
681 Posts
your dealer is full of BS telling you it came installed from the factory.

They might have been installed at the port of entry. That's where cars roll off the boat and get prepped for dealer delivery. Even then, most all accessories are tossed inside the car and actually installed at the dealership, but since there's no way of telling we'd have to go by the "installed at the port" theory.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently (end of January 2022) bought a 2022 palisade that had those bars on from the factory. I didn’t care for them, but my husband liked them so we left them on. I noticed a while back the front bar, latch? on the passenger side was weird looking and not flush clamped looking to the actual roof bar like the other three. But I tried to move it and it wasn’t budging. The hub did the same, he didn’t feel movement either. But the small plastic cover on the inside of the bracket housing that secures the cross bar to the roofs tracks was loose. Like it moved around if you touched it but never actually would pop off.. if that makes sense. I can show a preview. I have a video I took today, I was driving 45mph or slightly slower, and heard a click clack noise. Pulled over and the the front passenger side of the cross bar was slung back so far it was about 5-6 inches from touching the cross bar over the backseat area. Dealer said it was installed before they got it- and as someone who worked for dealers for 12 years- I feel like the tech who does the PDI needs to be checking this crap. Bc if they fly off going down the interstate it’s likely to go throw a windshield… and that won’t end well for either party. Contact Hyundai. Not the dealer but the area office in your state. Or email the corporate side. I can tell you there is a list of people who’ve had this problem and they take care of you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts