Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded the latest Hyundai navigation update from the Hyundai navigation updater onto my usb drive, turned on my car, went to General>Update and inserted the usb into the center console slot. This starts an infinite loop on the screen telling me to insert the usb drive and try again. Any ideas why this happens?

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
420 Posts
I downloaded the latest Hyundai navigation update from the Hyundai navigation updater onto my usb drive, turned on my car, went to General>Update and inserted the usb into the center console slot. This starts an infinite loop on the screen telling me to insert the usb drive and try again. Any ideas why this happens?
I didn't have an issue. Maybe wipe the drive and download it again and ensure the updater program formats it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the USB port works fine with my cell phone. The infinite loop notification finally stopped ... now the screen tells me that the Hyundai navigation file download is corrupted.

·
Premium Member
2021 Limited AWD burgundy w/light tan interior
45 Posts
You probably already know this but format the USB disk and try again. An arduous process but something didn’t go right.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
161 Posts
Did you try plugging it in before turning on the car? I think the instructions say to do it that way.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL
16 Posts
Mine recognized the USB drive as soon as I plugged it in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I reformatted and re-loaded two known USB drives, both 1TB each, put each of the drives into the center console USB port (which is also ok, as proven by cell phone Apple CarPlay) before pressing the ignition button or pressing General>Update, and both yield the same result: the screen shows an infinite loop requiring insert of the already inserted USB drives. The problem has to be with either the car's Update function software or Hyundai's navigation software download. One update attempt said the downloaded file was corrupted, and then went back to the infinite insert loop. I hope the software wizards at the local Hyundai shop can figure this out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The 1 TB drives may be too large? I think it says the device will only recognize up to 64GB.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
420 Posts
Yeah I only used a 64 GB USB 2.0 that I bought at Wal-Mart for $9. Worked like a champ.

I would ensure the software downloaded on your computer is deleted, maybe also uninstall the software and start fresh.

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
The Palisade will not recognize a USB over 128G. Try either a 32G or a 64Gb and it will work

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you have a different USB stick? Make sure it was formatted correctly before copying to the contents to the drive also. Is the first time you tried to update the software? I did this in March and it took almost 2 hours with car running. That update made the radio interface look even more crappy. Hyundai needs better human factors engineers as the upgrade process is very poor

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just happened to, without really thinking about it, use a 32G drive....

Another possibility, the file that was downloaded from their server to your PC (which is then copied to USB drive) is corrupt....The updater settings will show you where that file is stored. Remove the file and run the updater again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just happened to, without really thinking about it, use a 32G drive....

Another possibility, the file that was downloaded from their server to your PC (which is then copied to USB drive) is corrupt....The updater settings will show you where that file is stored. Remove the file and run the updater again.
In fact, I downloaded the file with the updater, exited the updater, corrupted a couple of its downloaded files with a binary editor I have, and then ran the updater again. The updater was happy with the files I had corrupted... So this is in fact possible...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts