Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Traded my 2020 (that was fine) in for 2021 Calligraphy, and it Vibrates, Three repair visits later
1) All wheels needed balancing: STILL VIBRATES
2) Both rear tires didnt pass road force test? Replaced: STILL VIBRATES
3) Factory Alert Notice, Replace Shaft Propeller and Coupling assy 4wd. Not as bad but STILL VIBRATES
4) Im done, taking to a 3rd party for an opinion, To bad I love the vehicle otherwise.
What really grinds my gears is that they kept telling me "Its fixed come and get it"
BS, What a waste of MY time
Paul*123 did you ever find a solution? See my post above to CurtS's response to your post. Too much money to spend and not have a smooth, comfortable ride. Even their lower models are smoother, I was given a 2021 Tuscon to drive while mine was in the shop...and it drove smoother...by alot! So this is not "you get what you pay for" and only people who spend >$90K on car get a smooth ride. It is something Hyundai can and has achieved, just something is off on Palisade. Thanks for letting me sound off a bit....just frustrated because I feel I did my research.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got a new 2021 palisade AWD limited on 12/01/2020. It started to vibrate on highway. Weird up-down sharing and constant vibration from the rear of the car. Is it a common issue? Anyone else having the same issue?
Mine is currently at the dealership for the fourth time where they have agreed to swap the Hankook tires for Michelin’s as no amount of balancing ( 5 times) and even a complete tire and wheel swap have changed the vibration felt through the steering wheel. If the Michelin’s don’t cure it, it has to be a mechanical issue. In the 60+ years of auto ownership I have never experienced anything like this. I am wondering if awd and lane keeping technology along with low profile tires is partially to blame?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same issue here - 2021 Palisade Calligraphy - just got back from the shop, they swapped wheels and tires off another Calligraphy, still vibrating at highway speeds. I can feel it in the steering wheel, and if I put my hand on the empty passenger seat next to me, it's definitely noticeable. Has anyone discovered what the root cause was/could be, any recalls that have come out on this? Obviously the dealership didn't think there was an issue - admitted there was an issue the first time we drove the original wheels/tires, then they swapped and said "oh it's gone now" (which it definitely is NOT).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same issue here - 2021 Palisade Calligraphy - just got back from the shop, they swapped wheels and tires off another Calligraphy, still vibrating at highway speeds. I can feel it in the steering wheel, and if I put my hand on the empty passenger seat next to me, it's definitely noticeable. Has anyone discovered what the root cause was/could be, any recalls that have come out on this? Obviously the dealership didn't think there was an issue - admitted there was an issue the first time we drove the original wheels/tires, then they swapped and said "oh it's gone now" (which it definitely is NOT).
I believe there is a mechanical issue with the Palisades rather then a tire or wheel issue. The vibration issue did not go away after mutiple balancings, wheel and tire swap and finally the replacement of the OEM tires (Hankook) for Michelins. If enough people have similar issues then maybe Hyundai will be moved to address the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 2020 limited awd with 8000 miles. Just started having vibration from 60 to 75 mph. At 80 and above its fine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got the car back last evening - both the coupler and drive shaft were replaced, and now the car is running nice and smooth at highway speeds (no vibration or low-tone noise) - phew. Only took 3x round trips at 2.5 hours each and ~12 days of having the car in the shop, but it's finally resolved.

Hoping this holds up over the coming miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a new 2021 palisade AWD limited on 12/01/2020. It started to vibrate on highway. Weird up-down sharing and constant vibration from the rear of the car. Is it a common issue? Anyone else having the same issue?
I am having same. We waited for new Palisade Calligraphy to arrive and went to complete purchase and luckily test drove one more time when we noticed this. So they let us just take it home for night telling us that it this vibration was because it was brand new and just needed drove. We have had 2 days now...NO improvement. Seems like it is something with suspension OR perhaps will also try turning off Lane Keep assist features etc. But concerned to BUY now. UGH. I cringe to think I will have to start my car hunt over again when it took months to decide on this one for this SUV midsize category and limited choices with covid etc.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I am having same. We waited for new Palisade Calligraphy to arrive and went to complete purchase and luckily test drove one more time when we noticed this. So they let us just take it home for night telling us that it this vibration was because it was brand new and just needed drove. We have had 2 days now...NO improvement. Seems like it is something with suspension OR perhaps will also try turning off Lane Keep assist features etc. But concerned to BUY now. UGH. I cringe to think I will have to start my car hunt over again when it took months to decide on this one for this SUV midsize category and limited choices with covid etc.
Check your tire pressures first. They are over inflated for shipping and not all dealers remember to set them back to 35 psi.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check your tire pressures first. They are over inflated for shipping and not all dealers remember to set them back to 35 psi.
Thanks. We did and all at 34-35. The dealer offered tire check and balance. Claimed it was fixed today but still feel it. Ugh.

·
Super Moderator
1,873 Posts
Thanks. We did and all at 34-35. The dealer offered tire check and balance. Claimed it was fixed today but still feel it. Ugh.
Stay on them, you can also call customer service, number in manual, and get a case number.
If you don't want to go thru all that don't buy that Palisade. Look at a different one and be sure to test drive that one also.
Every once in a while one comes thru with bad tires, bent wheel and /or axle problems. It take time for them to figure out
what the problem is. Hyundai also issues directions to dealers on what to check first to last. They want to fix for the smallest
amount of money.
Some owners have gotten really good discounts on Palisades, because someone like you finds problems and rather than
have a problem car set on lot they give a great discount. Then they can get paid by Hyundai for the fixes. At a waste of your time

·
Registered
3 Posts
2021 Calligraphy AWD with the same problem. They’ve balanced the tires, changed the drive shaft, changed the rear coupler, and now they’re waiting on a rear differential.
At what point do we start talking recall or class action lawsuit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
2021 Palisade Limited bought new in May. We're having the vibration issue also. Not sure of the build date as it's been at the dealer for close to 2 weeks. They rebalanced the tires 3 times - first by regular tech, then senior tech, then senior tech with some updated part for the road force machine. Also, they removed the driveshaft and we still felt the vibration, sometimes noticeable at 40-45 mph, but always at 60-65 mph and up. Even the service manager felt it riding in the back seat. Vibration is felt more in the seat than in the steering wheel so they are thinking the issue is in the rear of the car. Last attempt was new rear tires, same brand as original (Bridgestone 20" I believe). Also, last time we were there we test drove one of the employee's SEL AWD and it was smooth. Seems like the issues are mostly with the Limited's and Calligraphy's.

I'm not that mechanical, but thinking even with the drive shaft removed (which makes the car FWD only), the rear tires and diff, etc., would be turning and still causing issues, no? Like others here, starting to really regret buying this vehicle. Not sue what we'll do if it's not resolved soon - starting to get vib's that the dealer is running out of patients with us.

When researching we read about the wind noise but not about any vibration issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We had the tires balanced twice, the driveshaft replaced, the coupler replaced, and the rear differential replaced. It’s still doing it. The East Coast engineer took a look at it, and couldn’t figure it out. He got in contact with the West Coast engineer, but we never heard anything back. My car has been at the dealership for the past two months straight. The customer care for Hyundai corporate is a joke at best. We are just now getting somewhere with the conversation to have them buy back the vehicle. I will never give them another chance after the way they treated me throughout all of this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quick update. Switching tires with the employees SEL did not fix the issue, which I was sure it wouldn't. Now waiting on Hyundai to authorize replacement of the rear differential. We did get the car back for the holiday weekend as we need to pick up relatives at the airport. The vibration is even worse now. Getting concerned all this "surgery" on our car is not being completed correctly. Still, have hope the rear diff will fix the issue.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was feeling some vibrations too on very smooth roads. During my first maintenance with Hyundai, I mentioned it. They checked it out wheel rotation and re-balance and suggested that it could be the many small pebbles in the tires. I live on a gravel road, and the tires had a lot of small pieces of gravel in the tires which Hyundai said could be enough to throw the balance off. I took all of the pebbles and gravel out and it does seem better. Only problem is that every time I drive up my 1/2 gravel road, I get new pebbles, but as long as the dig them out, I do believe it made a change. Weird.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, I'm happy to report that my 2021 Limited AWD vibration issue is fixed. They ended up replacing the four wheel drive coupler (not sure exactly what that is). They ended up putting the car on the lift and running it while the tech used "chassis ears", which I assume is something like a stethoscope. They thought it might be the rear diff, but said that sounded fine but the coupler was loud and whinny. Said they were going to replace it with a known good one and if that worked, they would order a new one, which is what they ended up doing. Took a while as they had to work through Hyundai corporate to get authorization every step of the way. They had the car a total of a month plus while we had a loaner. So glad this ordeal is over. Have to say the service manager was great to deal with - never tried to avoid us or brush us off. Only thing outstanding is that I asked for complementary roof rack cross rails for all the aggravation, so waiting on Hyundai to authorize that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
MY HYUNDAI PALISADE PURCHASED JUNE 2020. VIBRATES ON HIGHWAY GOING 55-70 MPH
HYUNDAI DEALER REPLACED SHAFT ASSEMBLY AND COUPLING ON SEPTEMBER 8, 2021 - THIS DID NOT HELP!!

I ALSO HAVE THE STINKY INSIDE SMELL PROBLEM. I TOOK OUT THE 1ST AND 2ND ROW HEADRESTS AND PUT THEM IN A SEALED PLASTIC GARBAGE BAG FOR A DAY; AND COVERED AND TAPED THE 3RD ROW HEADRESTS IN PLASTIC AS NOT SURE HOW TO REMOVE THEM.
LET THE CAR AIR OUT 1 FULL DAY OUTSIDE WITH THE WINDOWS OPEN. WINDOWS UP NEXT DAY AND PARKED THE PALISADE IN THE SUN FOR 1 DAY - OPENED THE CAR DOOR AND THE SMELL WAS LIKE GARLIC-OLD WET SOCKS AND ASS! OPENED THE HEADREST BAG AND WAS SMELL WAS ALSO BAD.
"SO IT IS IN ALL THE SEATS AS I ALSO SMELLED INTO THE HEADREST HOLES. MY WIFE IS NOT HAPPY WITH THE SMELL AND PREFERS TO DRIVE IN HER LEXUS; WHICH I DO NOT BLAME HER.

HYUNDAI SAYS IT IS THE HEAD RESTS SMELLING; "BUT IIT IS ALL THE LEATHER AND/ OR FOAM INSIDE ALL THE SEATS
I THINK HYUNDAI IS TRYING TO APPEASE OWNERS WITH - MAYBE - REPLACING THE HEADRESTS IN THE FUTURE - BUT THIS WILL NOT FIX THE SMELL!!!!
GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
MY HYUNDAI PALISADE PURCHASED JUNE 2020. VIBRATES ON HIGHWAY GOING 55-70 MPH
HYUNDAI DEALER REPLACED SHAFT ASSEMBLY AND COUPLING ON SEPTEMBER 8, 2021 - THIS DID NOT HELP!!

I ALSO HAVE THE STINKY INSIDE SMELL PROBLEM. I TOOK OUT THE 1ST AND 2ND ROW HEADRESTS AND PUT THEM IN A SEALED PLASTIC GARBAGE BAG FOR A DAY; AND COVERED AND TAPED THE 3RD ROW HEADRESTS IN PLASTIC AS NOT SURE HOW TO REMOVE THEM.
LET THE CAR AIR OUT 1 FULL DAY OUTSIDE WITH THE WINDOWS OPEN. WINDOWS UP NEXT DAY AND PARKED THE PALISADE IN THE SUN FOR 1 DAY - OPENED THE CAR DOOR AND THE SMELL WAS LIKE GARLIC-OLD WET SOCKS AND ASS! OPENED THE HEADREST BAG AND WAS SMELL WAS ALSO BAD.
"SO IT IS IN ALL THE SEATS AS I ALSO SMELLED INTO THE HEADREST HOLES. MY WIFE IS NOT HAPPY WITH THE SMELL AND PREFERS TO DRIVE IN HER LEXUS; WHICH I DO NOT BLAME HER.

HYUNDAI SAYS IT IS THE HEAD RESTS SMELLING; "BUT IIT IS ALL THE LEATHER AND/ OR FOAM INSIDE ALL THE SEATS
I THINK HYUNDAI IS TRYING TO APPEASE OWNERS WITH - MAYBE - REPLACING THE HEADRESTS IN THE FUTURE - BUT THIS WILL NOT FIX THE SMELL!!!!
GOOD LUCK!!
I noticed the smell too in my 21 Pali Limited, but it seems to change. It is bad, but not so bad that I cannot drive the car. It seemed worse on hot days when I would roll the windows up like in a parking lot when I shop. But it does not seem to be the same day in and day out. I guess i have gotten used to it by now.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I noticed the smell too in my 21 Pali Limited, but it seems to change. It is bad, but not so bad that I cannot drive the car. It seemed worse on hot days when I would roll the windows up like in a parking lot when I shop. But it does not seem to be the same day in and day out. I guess i have gotten used to it by now.
We live in Florida and it’s much worse on hot humid days. I always leave the Windows down when parked in the garage. It’s a shame because I really love the Palisade

21 - 40 of 41 Posts