Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new 2021 palisade AWD limited on 12/01/2020. It started to vibrate on highway. Weird up-down sharing and constant vibration from the rear of the car. Is it a common issue? Anyone else having the same issue?

·
Super Moderator
1,502 Posts
Take to dealership, at one time there was a problem with a few that had bad shafts to the rear wheels.
That is only on the HTRAC.
Could be any number of things. Maybe a wheel weight came off and a tire isn't balanced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just picked up a 2021 awd SEL and noticed an annoying mild vibration through the steering wheel at about 70 mph on the way home. Is it possible Hyundai has not completely address the vibration issue that was reported in earlier models?? Will call and or return to the dealership today to resolve hopefully but wondering what others have experienced with 2021s?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Just picked up a 2021 awd SEL and noticed an annoying mild vibration through the steering wheel at about 70 mph on the way home. Is it possible Hyundai has not completely address the vibration issue that was reported in earlier models?? Will call and or return to the dealership today to resolve hopefully but wondering what others have experienced with 2021s?
They may have addressed it, but that doesn't mean there will never be a few bad ones out there. It happens, unfortunately. That's why there are warranties.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They may have addressed it, but that doesn't mean there will never be a few bad ones out there. It happens, unfortunately. That's why there are warranties.
Turns out at least 2 wheels/tires were out of balance. Runs smooth at 70 now which begs the question, why not test drive the vehicle before sending it out with the new owner?

·
Super Moderator
1,502 Posts
Turns out at least 2 wheels/tires were out of balance. Runs smooth at 70 now which begs the question, why not test drive the vehicle before sending it out with the new owner?
That is why I keep telling everyone who is going to buy any vehicle.
Take it for a good test drive before you purchase it.
luxury car dealers usually do test drives, others not so much

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nevermind - read the updates :)
Traded my 2020 (that was fine) in for 2021 Calligraphy, and it Vibrates, Three repair visits later
1) All wheels needed balancing: STILL VIBRATES
2) Both rear tires didnt pass road force test? Replaced: STILL VIBRATES
3) Factory Alert Notice, Replace Shaft Propeller and Coupling assy 4wd. Not as bad but STILL VIBRATES
4) Im done, taking to a 3rd party for an opinion, To bad I love the vehicle otherwise.
What really grinds my gears is that they kept telling me "Its fixed come and get it"
BS, What a waste of MY time

·
Registered
7 Posts
Traded my 2020 (that was fine) in for 2021 Calligraphy, and it Vibrates, Three repair visits later
3) Factory Alert Notice, Replace Shaft Propeller and Coupling assy 4wd. Not as bad but STILL VIBRATES
4) Im done, taking to a 3rd party for an opinion, To bad I love the vehicle otherwise.
What really grinds my gears is that they kept telling me "Its fixed come and get it"
Since posting that all is well, the vibration felt through the steering wheel returned shortly after getting the car back despite the balancing. Perhaps I wanted to believe that it drove vibration free. I had a second dealer look at it and declare nothing wrong in writing but the service rep said a second technician was able to feel the vibration. Yesterday I took the car to a tire store with a road force machine and the front wheels were balanced again. Test drive with no improvement. The car is now back at the dealer I purchased it from for further diagnostics since yesterday. I am wondering whether it may be a tire issue? I suggested a simple rotation despite the fact the balancing machine indicated perfect balance. My car is equipped with Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 20” tires.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It definitely can be a tire issue. I recall years ago I purchased a used car from a dealer and was told that better tires would be installed as part of the deal. Anyway "better" tires were installed, however as soon as the vehicle hit 60 mph a vibration developed. I recall those tires looking like they were new, freshly balanced, and were of a reputable make. I took the car back to the dealer where they ended up installing a set of 4 new tires. I recalled the dealer/owner mentioning that sometimes this happened with new tires. A tire with a defect can make it past QC regardless of manufacturer. They changed out all 4 tires because it can be very labour intensive to find the culprit. With the different tires, the vibration disappeared completely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Status report on my Palisades steering wheel vibration. Vibration persists despite the dealership swapping all 4 wheels/tires from another new Palisades. Same tire brand and model Hankooks as my original tires. All road force balanced. The service rep was notified of the continuing issue 4 days ago and awaiting a response as to the next step. The possibility exists that tires could still be the issue but I am I leaning towards something in the drive train now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I agree, probability is low that this is a tire/wheel issue based on what the Service Department performed. In these cases start with the low hanging fruit first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
UPDATE: 3rd Party found all wheels needed to be Balanced?!? So now I have no faith in the Service dept. at Hyundai! The RE-Balanced helped allot but still not 100% and I think IM getting that smell some people are talking about, or maybe a sock fell out of my gym bag some where. Not sure what to do now, maybe just drive until the 2022 GV80's come out and the dealer better give me a GREAT Deal on one. Or I just cut my losses and trade in for an AUDI Q8 $$$ You get what you pay for...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went to Discount tire yesterday for another opinion on steering wheel vibration. Road force/finger plate balancing showed 3 of 4 tires out of balance. Test drive revealed no change in vibration So next step is swapping Hankook tires for Michelins to eliminate tires as the issue. Discount agreed to give full credit for Hankooks with a few extra dollars for Michelins. If the car still vibrates it has to go back to the dealership for a mechanical evaluation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since posting that all is well, the vibration felt through the steering wheel returned shortly after getting the car back despite the balancing. Perhaps I wanted to believe that it drove vibration free. I had a second dealer look at it and declare nothing wrong in writing but the service rep said a second technician was able to feel the vibration. Yesterday I took the car to a tire store with a road force machine and the front wheels were balanced again. Test drive with no improvement. The car is now back at the dealer I purchased it from for further diagnostics since yesterday. I am wondering whether it may be a tire issue? I suggested a simple rotation despite the fact the balancing machine indicated perfect balance. My car is equipped with Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 20” tires.
Did you ever find a solution? I test drove a Palisade and fell in love because of how smooth it was. I found the color Caligraphy I wanted and purchased it without a test drive of the car (moved from a 2017 Nissan Armada). It drives great under 60 mph. However, when I am on the freeway and go over bumps, etc. it feels like there is something loose in the back end...I can feel it and it sounds like something in the axel like a bad bearing or CV joint or something. Like some of the first cheep cars I bought in my teens that weren't designed to go much faster than 60 haha. You can hear and feel it more over bumps. It makes me feel like it is a cheap, old, corn out car that needs a new CV joint. Been to the dealership, they balanced and rotated the tires, still no improvement. I drive a lot, had it for about 3 weeks and 1,200 miles....but it does not feel like the one I test drove. I sked if there was a "break in" period where things just settle in and may sound a bit "tingy" for the first few miles. They said no. My Armada felt much smoother at high speeds, which I know should not be the case. Any guidance on solutions you have found would be very helpful! Spending $50K on a car should provide a smooth ride. I absolutely love the features of the Palisade, but this noise and issue has already got me thinking, "well I will just tough it out and trade it for another model next year or so" and that should NOT be the case. I will keep looking for a solution and post what I find. It is sad, but my 2012 Nissan Rogue has a quieter and smoother ride on the freeway. Around town, the Palisade beats everything, but over 50-60 MPH, it develops "issues."

1 - 20 of 30 Posts