Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
222 Posts
You can also hit the star button on the main screen to delete the preset or set the preset.

And if you hit the little button the red arrow is pointing to in the picture below, that will allow you to see the station and song all the time, no matter what function you are using on the infotainment center.

When the little window pops out, you can scroll up or down until you get to the radio/media window. Youwould normally see a clock, weather, or Nav as choices. What ever you leave it on will be the choice. If you minimize the window after you select it, it will not show again until you hit the little button to extend the window.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wait...How on earth did you get your UI to look like that. I keep hearing 2020 and 2021 Limited have the same UI if you are running the latest software, but mine looks nothing like this and I have the latest software. What the heck am I missing?

Also - anyone get teh necessary software update to allow for wireless Apple Car Play. My dealer said the 2021 Limited has the technology to run this, but its more of a software limitation and Hyundai is holding back an update to software. This all makes no sense. Also, still can't get anything but weather (and some map guidance if I put a route in) in the bottom part of center cluster. Would love to see a screenshot of anyone who can show the name of song or radio station. I am pretty sure this can not be done - Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
158 Posts
Wait...How on earth did you get your UI to look like that. I keep hearing 2020 and 2021 Limited have the same UI if you are running the latest software, but mine looks nothing like this and I have the latest software. What the heck am I missing?

Also - anyone get teh necessary software update to allow for wireless Apple Car Play. My dealer said the 2021 Limited has the technology to run this, but its more of a software limitation and Hyundai is holding back an update to software. This all makes no sense. Also, still can't get anything but weather (and some map guidance if I put a route in) in the bottom part of center cluster. Would love to see a screenshot of anyone who can show the name of song or radio station. I am pretty sure this can not be done - Thanks
The 2020 and 2021 will look identical if they are running the same software version… are you sure you are on one of the latest two versions that have the new appearance?

Check your map version insetup > general > SW info/update.

Look for your map version.

Here are the corresponding map versions with release numbers:

14.0 (Apr 2020) NAM.13.41.42.660.202
14.5 (Aug 2020) NAM.13.47.44.680.201
14.10 (Nov 2020) NAM.13.47.50.610.201
15.0 (Apr 2021) NAM.14.41.43.490.301

14.10 and 15.0 have the new (oft-maligned) appearance.

Also, there is no software update to enable wireless CarPlay. And, I am virtually 100% positive, there never will be. If your car already had the capability, Hyundai would have shipped the car with it. They sell lower-end models with wireless CarPlay… it would be nonsensical to ship higher end models with the capability but the feature turned off. The only explanation can be that they don’t have the capability. Operating on the assumption that your existing car will be updated will only lead to disappointment for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The 2020 and 2021 will look identical if they are running the same software version… are you sure you are on one of the latest two versions that have the new appearance?

Also, there is no software update to enable wireless CarPlay. And, I am virtually 100% positive, there never will be. If your car already had the capability, Hyundai would have shipped the car with it. They sell lower-end models with wireless CarPlay… it would be nonsensical to ship higher end models with the capability but the feature turned off. The only explanation can be that they don’t have the capability. Operating on the assumption that your existing car will be updated will only lead to disappointment for you.
When I brought my 2021 Limited into to Service they said the software had the capability for wireless car play, but when the car was shipped they were not allowed to have it "on", as it was not officially released. So they said a software update wold do the trick. Probably BS it sounds like.

As far as the software releases, I doubt it is backwards compatible, so can't go to a lower version, but I am curious if the 14.10 and 15.0 have fixed the preset issue and or have the UI display with the old school radio look, as per earlier screenshot post.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

So I have "14.5 (Aug 2020) NAM.13.47.44.680.201" Curious if you think I should update it. Would that solve any of my issues? I did not realize the map software controls the User Interface functions.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
158 Posts
So I have "14.5 (Aug 2020) NAM.13.47.44.680.201" Curious if you think I should update it. Would that solve any of my issues? I did not realize the map software controls the User Interface functions.
If you have that version (14.5), you should have the classic appearance. If you update to the most recent version (15.0), you will see some major interface changes (new home screen, new icons, different radio interface, to name a few). You can read all about them in other threads.

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy FWD due late April
175 Posts
I did not realize the map software controls the User Interface functions.
It doesn't, but Hyundai obviously changed both with the same update.

If you update to the most recent version (15.0), you will see some major interface changes (new home screen, new icons, different radio interface, to name a few).
I have the latest map update, but already had the new radio interface before that (02/21 build date here). And the weird thing is I don't see a '15' anywhere on any version, so not sure where that number comes from. And I know I have the latest because instead of the 'pause' nav button, I now have 'cancel'. The old bulb radio numbers were there before, as well as just the dual split screen, so nothing else changed after the update. Oh, I had to change the settings from Km to miles again, but everything was working fine after that, including voice commands.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
158 Posts
I have the latest map update, but already had the new radio interface before that. And the weird thing is I don't see a '15' anywhere on any version, so not sure where that number comes from. And I know I have the latest because instead of the 'pause' nav button, I now have 'cancel'. The old bulb radio numbers were there before, as well as just the dual split screen, so nothing else changed after the update. Oh, I had to change the settings from Km to miles again, but everything was working fine after that, including voice commands.
As I noted above, 14.10 is the cutoff for the new interface elements. Of course, how a given update will affect you will depend on your starting point. If you started at 14.10, the change to 15.0 is not significant, appearance-wise. But if you’re coming from 14.5 (or earlier), the changes will be much more noticeable.

It’s not always easy to find (or even intuitive, given what the map version numbers are), but those version numbers are indeed correct and how they’re referred to. See the FAQs on Mapnsoft’s website, for example.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It’s not always easy to find (or even intuitive, given what the map version numbers are), but those version numbers are indeed correct and how they’re referred to.
Can you please post where exactly you can find that '15' number? And if you don't mind, post the entire version of your maps, so I can look for those same (or very similar) numbers on mine :). There were no 15s in any of the numbers on my SUV when I looked for that, unless I'm going blind. Ha ha. I know I have that latest version, so now I'm just more curious where is that 15 than anything else. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,661 Posts
15.0 is the version of the latest updates. It does not appear in the navigation screen
If you look at your map version in the info it should say NAM.14.41.43.490.301 that is version 15
If you go to setup, general, it will show update 04-12-2021 or after
software LX2.USA.S5W_M.V006.001.210406, on mine different if you have different trim
on 2020 limited that is the 15.0 version
With a 2/21 build dat you may have version 14.10 as version 15 didn't come out till 4-12-2021
That doesn't mean the dealership didn't update it for you, but I'd check
Go to the owner myhyundai,com. login and at bottom click on mapupdate you can do the newest update.
You can also get there by Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
158 Posts
Can you please post where exactly you can find that '15' number? And if you don't mind, post the entire version of your maps, so I can look for those same (or very similar) numbers on mine :). There were no 15s in any of the numbers on my SUV when I looked for that, unless I'm going blind. Ha ha. I know I have that latest version, so now I'm just more curious where is that 15 than anything else. Lol.
Here is the announcement from the FAQ section of the Mapnsoft site:

With regards to the map version numbers, I posted all of the recent ones above. You can find yours in setup > general > SW info/update. The version starts with “NAM” as long as you’re in North America.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you look at your map version in the info it should say NAM.14.41.43.490.301 that is version 15.
That's what I have, I think (will verify when I use the car again). Weird that Hyundai uses a version that is not listed somewhere. Oh well. And I did update to the latest version myself (via USB); that's why I said I have the latest (with 'cancel' on the nav screen, rather than 'pause'). Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On wireless Apple Car Play, dealer told me it does not work on Limited and Calligraphy due to advanced electronics. Works on lower level trims.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts