Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had my Limited for a few weeks. It seems the functionality of the radio is worse than 2020 and even lower end Hyundai vehicles.

I am looking to do a simple task that I have been able to do for 20 + years in cars. I would like to replace a current preset FM/XM channel for another one. So if Xm channel 20 is in Preset 5, I woudl like to replace that with XM Channel 25. You woudl think you could do this by holding down finger on screen...you can not.

Alternatively, if you add a new channel to your favorites/presets, you do not have the ability to place it where you want. It is automatically placed at the beginning or end. Once placed, you have no ability to move the preset channel to a different slot.

Not sure if this is a bug or engineering incompetence.

1-800 Customer support had to way to help and dealer has no way to help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too have noticed this on the latest map update. It has been pointed out already as an annoyance and I completely agree. You need to be able to program your presets in the order you wish. Sequential ordering of presets makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I searched for a couple hours after we got our 2021, thinking I must be missing something obvious. With 5 people in our family, who want their own stations in memory, something like 'Rockbar', in the 300's, will never be part of the top 10, which get auto-recorded. This is such a standard feature that has been in cars forever and needs to be fixed, IMO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was just searching how to do this myself...I could in my 2020 Palisades...I only got the 2021 so I could get 4 wheel drive...surely there has to be a way...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have had my Limited for a few weeks. It seems the functionality of the radio is worse than 2020 and even lower end Hyundai vehicles.

I am looking to do a simple task that I have been able to do for 20 + years in cars. I would like to replace a current preset FM/XM channel for another one. So if Xm channel 20 is in Preset 5, I woudl like to replace that with XM Channel 25. You woudl think you could do this by holding down finger on screen...you can not.

Alternatively, if you add a new channel to your favorites/presets, you do not have the ability to place it where you want. It is automatically placed at the beginning or end. Once placed, you have no ability to move the preset channel to a different slot.

Not sure if this is a bug or engineering incompetence.

1-800 Customer support had to way to help and dealer has no way to help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A quick update: After more calls to Hyundais I finally brought it in to a dealer on 3/18/21. They checked everything out, confirmed I have the latest software and confirmed this is just poor technology and usability. Major step backwards. They also said this is in place for any new redesign 2021 model, like the Tucson, so I guess we are stuck with this. Also, somewhat related to the terrible usability of the Infotainment system. You can not view song or station on the main cluster dash and even though Apple says Wireless CarPlay will work for this car, it won't. Hyundai would need to do a small software update to put that in place. They have no intention on doing this right now. Very disappointed.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Oh, I figured this out somehow rather quickly. I have the new version with the tube looking radio display. 2020 limited that I updated the software on.

Anyway, I agree it is difficult to change and program your own presets, but it is possible... I'd have to go to the vehicle to remember the steps again, but I was able to program my stations. Is that you're referring to or did I misunderstand something?
A quick update: After more calls to Hyundais I finally brought it in to a dealer on 3/18/21. They checked everything out, confirmed I have the latest software and confirmed this is just poor technology and usability. Major step backwards. They also said this is in place for any new redesign 2021 model, like the Tucson, so I guess we are stuck with this. Also, somewhat related to the terrible usability of the Infotainment system. You can not view song or station on the main cluster dash and even though Apple says Wireless CarPlay will work for this car, it won't. Hyundai would need to do a small software update to put that in place. They have no intention on doing this right now. Very disappointed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, I figured this out somehow rather quickly. I have the new version with the tube looking radio display. 2020 limited that I updated the software on.

Anyway, I agree it is difficult to change and program your own presets, but it is possible... I'd have to go to the vehicle to remember the steps again, but I was able to program my stations. Is that you're referring to or did I misunderstand something?
I welcome your suggestion, but given you have the 2020, I have a feeling it won't work for the 2021. Its a whole new system with different software. Woudl be great if I am wrong.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Wireless CarPlay is not available on the infotainment system with navigation. Hyundai have not claimed that it would be.

The 2020 and 2021 models have the exact same infotainment system with navigation. It's the non-nav system that changed between 2020 and 2021 to add wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I welcome your suggestion, but given you have the 2020, I have a feeling it won't work for the 2021. Its a whole new system with different software. Woudl be great if I am wrong.
You may be right. Do you have the larger, navigation radio screen... 10 inch I think, or the smaller, no navigation 8 inch?

I see you have 2021 Limited, where my 2020 limited is more like the 2021 Calligraphy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You may be right. Do you have the larger, navigation radio screen... 10 inch I think, or the smaller, no navigation 8 inch?

I see you have 2021 Limited, where my 2020 limited is more like the 2021 Calligraphy.
Its the wide screen. I would assume it is same as 2021 Calligraphy.

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Its the wide screen. I would assume it is same as 2021 Calligraphy.
Okay, I'll get this to you tomorrow. I agree, at first it seemed counterintuitive and didn't make sense, but after I figured it out, it wasn't too bad.

One more thing, I have the updated software so my homescreen is NOT the 3 way split, if you know what I mean. My radio screen looks like the old retro tubes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, I'll get this to you tomorrow. I agree, at first it seemed counterintuitive and didn't make sense, but after I figured it out, it wasn't too bad.

One more thing, I have the updated software so my homescreen is NOT the 3 way split, if you know what I mean. My radio screen looks like the old retro tubes.
I have the updated software as well...Just was at the dealership for a service and they confirmed this (unless they are not being up and up). Again, I think its all related to this being a 2021. No issue in the 2020

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
203 Posts
I don’t get all the fuss about the issues on this thread.
Putting the stations in one’s favorite order has just as many cons as putting your favorites in numerical order.
When they are in numeric order, at least you always no which direction to hit the switch on the steering wheel. When the radio is on Howard100, I know one click down goes to NFL88 for me. One more click down goes back to the end of the favorite list BBC120. 3 clicks up goes back past Howard and lands at CNBC112.
My favorites are all Sirius stations. So I don’t know what happens when you throw AM or FM in the mix. I assume it is just alphabetized by mode and then number. So AM 1020 would take pole position and then FM92 and then Sirius88 as an example.

And someone mentioned that you can not see song and channel? You can have that show up as a flash for 3 seconds or have it show up permanently. Just need to make sure you don’t have always show map/Nav checked otherwise it will pop back to Nav. If you don’t have always Nav checked then you should just be able to flick the very right side widgets up or down until you come to the radio widget.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don’t get all the fuss about the issues on this thread.
Putting the stations in one’s favorite order has just as many cons as putting your favorites in numerical order.
When they are in numeric order, at least you always no which direction to hit the switch on the steering wheel. When the radio is on Howard100, I know one click down goes to NFL88 for me. One more click down goes back to the end of the favorite list BBC120. 3 clicks up goes back past Howard and lands at CNBC112.
My favorites are all Sirius stations. So I don’t know what happens when you throw AM or FM in the mix. I assume it is just alphabetized by mode and then number. So AM 1020 would take pole position and then FM92 and then Sirius88 as an example.

And someone mentioned that you can not see song and channel? You can have that show up as a flash for 3 seconds or have it show up permanently. Just need to make sure you don’t have always show map/Nav checked otherwise it will pop back to Nav. If you don’t have always Nav checked then you should just be able to flick the very right side widgets up or down until you come to the radio widget.
I disagree with your view on the favorites, but that is fine. I am just used to having my most favorite channel in slot one and working its way down.

As far as the song name display, I would love to get that to work. No matter what I do, I get the weather description as my permanent display...so it will say "clear" or Cloudy". I am actually very technical and am shocked I can't figure this out, so I just assume it can't be done, but if it can, then please share. Again, this software and radio for the 2021 Palisades seems to be quite different than any other model or year.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
203 Posts
Go into display settings and make sure that you have more than weather checked. You can choose/check several screens to show. Clock, weather, radio, Apple/Android etc.

So with all the check marks on, now go to the Home Screen or Radio….you will see the little arrow all the way on the extreme right of the screeen. Make sure you hit that to expand the side screen widget. When the side screen widget is out you can scroll up or down to pick through the list of options you checked off in settings.
These are not exact instructions, but should get you the small victory.
Also I like to avoid using the touch screen, so that is why I don’t mind the favorite sort order as I use the channel button on the steering wheel predominately.
Hopefully you don’t have any favorites on the second page….that is a nightmare to hit the small page button.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Go into display settings and make sure that you have more than weather checked. You can choose/check several screens to show. Clock, weather, radio, Apple/Android etc.

So with all the check marks on, now go to the Home Screen or Radio….you will see the little arrow all the way on the extreme right of the screeen. Make sure you hit that to expand the side screen widget. When the side screen widget is out you can scroll up or down to pick through the list of options you checked off in settings.
These are not exact instructions, but should get you the small victory.
Also I like to avoid using the touch screen, so that is why I don’t mind the favorite sort order as I use the channel button on the steering wheel predominately.
Thanks for the details. I am familiar with that process, but it does not work for me. It displays the permanent weather when that is chosen, but does not display anything when radio is chosen as that widget on the far side of screen. Love to see your's in action, maybe you can take a picture on your phone and upload here. I am pretty sure because you have the 2020, you have the working UI. The 2021 User Interface is truly very limiting and makes little sense. Should be one of the simplest requests out there. Oh well, step back for Hyundai.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Thanks for the details. I am familiar with that process, but it does not work for me. It displays the permanent weather when that is chosen, but does not display anything when radio is chosen as that widget on the far side of screen. Love to see your's in action, maybe you can take a picture on your phone and upload here. I am pretty sure because you have the 2020, you have the working UI. The 2021 User Interface is truly very limiting and makes little sense. Should be one of the simplest requests out there. Oh well, step back for Hyundai.
Second time I mention this: the 2020 and 2021 infotainment systems with navigation are identical.

Software updates have changed the look and functionality over time and are available for both model years. So the UI is the same for both model years provided that they are regularly updated.

·
Super Moderator
1,502 Posts
My 2020 works the same way the 2021 works. The difference in the two was only the map and software update.
So if we do the 14.10 software update on the 2020. the two are identical
By the way there is a new 15.0 map update coming in the middle of April

·
Registered
262 Posts
Okay, so you can delete presets and place your own favorites across the am, fm, and xm radios... HOWEVER, they do remain in ascending order... There is no way, for example, to have 101.1 as "preset 1" and then 93.5 as "preset 2". It places them in numerical order, ascending...

Click the top three lines on the upper left section.

This will bring a menu that you can scroll down/up with your finger, you'll see an option that states "delete presets".

Here you can clear them all, then start from scratch in the radio band of your choosing.

I only have fm radio presets.

When you mark them as favorites (stars) they will be placed in the "buttons" (presets) on the main radio screen, in numerical, ascending order.

Does that help @Purecliff ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts