Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early last month my wife and I went shopping for a 2021 Limited (after test driving a 2020 Limited at a different dealer in July). We figured it is fall now so why settle for one of the few available 2020s? The 2021s are bound to better. Then we saw one. My wife and I were aghast at what they did to it. Gone was the Limited's unique wheels. Gone was the soft leather on the interior doors. Gone was the alcantara roof lining. Something definitely inferior was substituted for each of those three things, in order make room for an even higher level Palisade--the Calligraphy. Now, only the Calligraphy has unique wheels, and they are badass, too. The alcantara and the door leather also went to the Calligraphy, and Hyundai added some unique touches to both the front and rear appearance. Fortunately, the first dealer we visited had both a 2021 Limited and 2021 Calligraphy (literally just backed off the trailer truck) on their lot. They pulled both vehicles out front for us to inspect. The Limited had the color combination we favored, but the way it was neutered was a shock. My wife thought the interior changes were ugly (remember, she had test-driven a 2020 Limited) and refused the 2021 Limited despite the prefer color combination and lower cost. We grabbed the Calligraphy instead and brought it home. I'm still puzzled by what Hyundai did to the Limited. Instead of neutering the Limited, I think they should have added more Luxury touches to the Calligraphy like power folding side view mirrors, power adjust steering column, and maybe 25 more horsepower to the giddyup and called it a day.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Early last month my wife and I went shopping for a 2021 Limited (after test driving a 2020 Limited at a different dealer in July). We figured it is fall now so why settle for one of the few available 2020s? The 2021s are bound to better. Then we saw one. My wife and I were aghast at what they did to it. Gone was the Limited's unique wheels. Gone was the soft leather on the interior doors. Gone was the alcantara roof lining. Something definitely inferior was substituted for each of those three things, in order make room for an even higher level Palisade--the Calligraphy. Now, only the Calligraphy has unique wheels, and they are badass, too. The alcantara and the door leather also went to the Calligraphy, and Hyundai added some unique touches to both the front and rear appearance. Fortunately, the first dealer we visited had both a 2021 Limited and 2021 Calligraphy (literally just backed off the trailer truck) on their lot. They pulled both vehicles out front for us to inspect. The Limited had the color combination we favored, but the way it was neutered was a shock. My wife thought the interior changes were ugly (remember, she had test-driven a 2020 Limited) and refused the 2021 Limited despite the prefer color combination and lower cost. We grabbed the Calligraphy instead and brought it home. I'm still puzzled by what Hyundai did to the Limited. Instead of neutering the Limited, I think they should have added more Luxury touches to the Calligraphy like power folding side view mirrors, power adjust steering column, and maybe 25 more horsepower to the giddyup and called it a day.
Yeah, it doesn’t make sense. I mean... I get that the point is to extract more money out of us, but I don’t get the Limited’s equipment (or lack thereof) and price point. An AWD Limited is only less than $900 cheaper than a Calligraphy. There’s literally no reason to buy one, unless you absolutely want a color combo that’s not available on the Calligraphy. A FWD Limited makes a case for itself, I suppose.

·
Super Moderator
995 Posts
Hyundai could have just added one more trim addition to the SEL, But instead chose to lower the limited trim to that level.
make the limited a calligraphy trim with a couple of visual effects then add a price increase, for them seemed better than
doing another price increase on the limited trim.
Now if they would have added things, like power folding auto dimming mirrors, messaging seats, power sun shade to the front
sun roof. Things like that would have made sense for an upgrade. Of course double seals around the doors would have been
even better for for some.
My 2020 limited doesn't have wind noise or a bad smell so guess I should feel lucky to have what I got, But then I test drove it
before buying, made a list of must haves and would likes. Before making my purchase.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hey Gene, I’m pretty sure what we currently have on our doors is considered double seals?

The wind noise is all from a bad window seal design, that’s my guess since I was able to cure my wind whistle by attacking the window seals with foam rope insulation.

I’m not digging the new calligraphy front end treatment and definitely hate the wheels! They tried to make the wheel look like the Palisade prototype wheel, but it’s a huge fail in my book.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I actually love the 2021 Limited. I wasn't feeling the 2020 Limited wheels and loved the SEL wheels. They look more rugged, sporty. I also don't care for the diamond stitching to the door panels, it's easier to clean and maintain the flat leather on the 2021. I predict a lot of dirt and dust settling into the door panels on the 2020 Limited since its in close proximity to peoples hands when they open the door. I don't like the 2020 Limited Grill.

We were wanting to get the Calligraphy but I hated the wheels, they look so cheap. Also not digging the front lower silver lip. And to top it off, the diamond stitching to the door panels, not a deal breaker, but I'd rather not have them.

The only thing I don't like about the 2021 was the cheap looking fake wood. I intend to replace that with an after market piece or the 2020 Limited trim.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am in the same boat as Tapper. I had the option of both and agreed I liked the look of the 2021 Limited better. To each their own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts