Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
674 Posts
I don’t think Dbkjr3 meant any harm bringing up the Nightfall Telluride edition and folding mirrors. I tried to show a vehicle with both blackout paint and folding mirrors as a lot of Palisade owners seem to want to blackout their vehicles and are trying to add folding mirrors.

I know the Corona virus has caused some anxiety amongst people, but let’s try to stay calm fellas. It’s just a car forum.

I’d rather they did a midnight edition like they did on the Telluride. Looks very nice. And still no power folding mirrors!!! Worse omission of all!!!
I thought this site was for Palisades not BMWs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seems to confirm that 2021 limited got de-contented. No more leather wrapped doors, rims look like 2020 SEL ones, headliner material downgraded, tail light downgraded. disappointing considering MSRP didn’t change.

lease is up in Feb 2021 would have loved to get a 2020 limited but likely won’t have anymore 2020 inventory by that time.

·
Banned
674 Posts
Sold way more than they planned. It was either decontent or raise the price. I can’t see where Kia changed anything.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sold way more than they planned. It was either decontent or raise the price. I can’t see where Kia changed anything.......
What I don’t get is why calligraphy is only $800 more MSRP with all that stuff added. Seems like the new Palisade limited should be ~45K with AWD instead of 46.8 to truly differentiate it from calligraphy.

·
Banned
674 Posts
What I don’t get is why calligraphy is only $800 more MSRP with all that stuff added. Seems like the new Palisade limited should be ~45K with AWD instead of 46.8 to truly differentiate it from calligraphy.
What did they add for $800? I just double checked. I can’t see anything “added” versus a 2020 Limited. They changed some styling (different wheels), but I don’t see anything added. For the 2021 Limited it looks like they took away or moved the exterior bits to the SEL parts bin:

Chrome body accents = now SEL versions
Quilted door panels = now plain SEL versions
Alcantara headliner = now fabric SEL version
Fancy grille = now SEL version
Fancy taillights = now SEL version

·
Registered
7 Posts
It should be noted that wireless CarPlay/Android Auto is only for models without nav. For models with nav, you're still stuck with wired. Read this another way: we're upgrading the base infotainment unit, but the high-end nav one is the same as model year 2020.

Also, I suspect they don't document everything in a press release. Let's wait for exact details of the equipment changes.
Interesting observation. I didn't read it this way in the early review I read (so i feel a little better about buying my 2020 and not waiting). It is rather unfortunate because of the really poor design in the Palisade of the Android Auto/Carplay interfaces. I am considering just getting an iPhone and the Wireless Carplay dongle and using that. It is a poor design that you have to physically plug-in to connect, and the wireless charging pad is just below that single connection, and it is an underpowered charging connection compared to the other ones in the vehicle. So if you want Android/Apple connectivity you need to plug your phone into that port, then it makes it difficult for someone else in the car to make use of the wireless charging, and there is enough juice out of it to keep my phone at even charge - but it doesn't go up so i need to sometimes choose between juicing my phone to max charge or using Android Auto.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Only difference on the calligraphy I can see over the 2020 limited seems to be a few exterior styling elements. The only item I wish I had with my 2020 limited is the wireless android auto...don't suppose that will ever be available as a software update?
I don't think so. The wireless for Carplay and Android Auto need a WIFI signal. My guess is they didn't build WIFI into the head unit so not much software can do. I'm looking at just going to iphone and buying a Carplay wireless dongle. then i can use the wireless charging pad for the phone, or route a cable to the higher power USB underneath the console, and still have my Android Auto connected. Really though i've been satisfied with the in-system Navigation. There are some cases where my destination isn't available or i have a long trip and trust Google Maps/Waze a little more. The big consideration for me though is i like the Nav integrated with the HUD so i can just see the turns on the windshield right in front of me. So i'm not sure how much i want to uproot my whole Android ecosystem. I also don't like how Android Auto isn't full screen and Carplay is - but again, most of my Nav has just been through the built-in system.

·
Banned
674 Posts
Just built a loaded 2021 Telluride SX Nightfall Edition. $54,675 with destination. Looks like both Pallisade and Telluride are starting to creep up.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Wow, after watching that side by side comparison of the 2020 and 2021 Limited, I am really glad I got the 2020, wind noise and all. ;-)

·
Registered
939 Posts
I don't think so. The wireless for Carplay and Android Auto need a WIFI signal. My guess is they didn't build WIFI into the head unit so not much software can do. I'm looking at just going to iphone and buying a Carplay wireless dongle. then i can use the wireless charging pad for the phone, or route a cable to the higher power USB underneath the console, and still have my Android Auto connected. Really though i've been satisfied with the in-system Navigation. There are some cases where my destination isn't available or i have a long trip and trust Google Maps/Waze a little more. The big consideration for me though is i like the Nav integrated with the HUD so i can just see the turns on the windshield right in front of me. So i'm not sure how much i want to uproot my whole Android ecosystem. I also don't like how Android Auto isn't full screen and Carplay is - but again, most of my Nav has just been through the built-in system.
If you haven’t done the map & feature updates that came out at the end of May, I recommend that you do. They’ve added server-based routing (using Blue Link), which uses up-to-date data and should increase your reliance on the built-in nav.

·
Banned
674 Posts
Wow, after watching that side by side comparison of the 2020 and 2021 Limited, I am really glad I got the 2020, wind noise and all. ;-)
2020 owners may have definitely lucked out. MSRP is moving up and/or finishes moving down a notch.

·
Registered
939 Posts
2020 owners may have definitely lucked out. MSRP is moving up and/or finishes moving down a notch.
Not if you're buying an SEL. Prices are down a little, optional packages have been simplified, and additional equipment is now available on lower trims, such as LED headlights across the board.

SE prices are up though.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The smooth vinyl door pockets cards and gray headliner really cheapens the limited interior compared to the 2020. I also really like my wheels compared to the SEL 20 or the Caligraphy wheel

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks like the 2020 will be the better buy as the 2021 Limited is being de-contented. The sweet spot would’ve been to buy in February to take advantage of the $500 All State rebate and the free 3 year maintenance.
Bought mine on Feb. 1. due to a dealer screw up on paperwork. So thank God I was able to take advantage of both those freebies. And so far no issues. So I’m crossing my fingers and hoping for the best with my Lmtd.

·
Banned
674 Posts
So in essence a 2021 Caligraphy model is a 2020 Limited for $800 more with ugly (my opinion) wheels? Well that leaves head room for the Genesis GV80. Still think that the Palisade would look good with some tasteful blackout accents. Several owners have already gone that route.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Calligraphy model makes no sense to me. Should have added wood trim and a 2nd row center console.

well I guess this was one way to raise the prices

makes the 2020 Limited an even better value!

·
Registered
43 Posts
About a month ago I went through the same decision at the dealership. I was trying to decide between or 2020 Limited or 2021 Limited or Calligraphy. At that time, all the dealership had been given from Hyundai was a little piece of paper that showed what the Calligraphy had over the Limited: Quilted door panels, puddle lamps and a couple other things which led me to believe then that the Limited would no longer even be available with those things (the quilted door panels to me are one of the attractions of the interior) Then I saw the wheels online and that finalized my decision on top of knowing that the Calligraphy would cost more. Then of course knowing I could get $1000 off MSRP, the military $500 discount (though that's almost a given anyway) and not sure if the $250 Allstate thnig would be available when the Calligraphy finally arrived. In the end it saved about $2000 so very glad I made the decision to go with the 2020.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts