Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hyundai has officially announced that they're adding the Calligraphy model to the 2021 Palisade.

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Jul. 13, 2020 – Hyundai today released product details for its 2021 Palisade SUV, including an all-new, premium Calligraphy model. The 2021 Palisade, including the Calligraphy model, begins arriving at Hyundai dealers in July.

2021 PALISADE CALLIGRAPHY
Adds to Palisade Limited trim:

Mechanical
  • HTRAC® AWD with AWD Lock
  • Downhill Brake Control
  • Snow Mode

Exterior

• Calligraphy-exclusive 20-inch alloy wheels
  • HTRAC® badging
  • Calligraphy-exclusive front grille fascia
  • Premium side door garnish
  • Premium rear-accent lighting signature
  • Ultra-wide LED center high-mount stoplight (CHMSL)
  • Puddle lamps

Interior

• Quilted-leather door panels
  • Microfiber-suede headliner
  • Premium cargo sill protection plate
  • Perforated-leather steering wheel
2021 Palisade has also undergone significant content repackaging to give buyers of all trim levels added comfort & convenience while streamlining shopper trim selections. Much of the former Drive Guidance package, including high-demand features such as a 10.25-inch navigation system, Highway Drive Assist, SiriusXM® Radio, Blue Link, and Driver Talk (in-car intercom system), was added to the Premium package and above.

Further, Multiple Device Connection capability, HD radio® and Wireless Smartphone Connectivity (for Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto®) have been added to the SE model and above for vehicles without navigation. This generous repackaging ensures even more Palisade customers can enjoy these popular technologies in their ownership experience. Even more, LED headlamps are now standard, while sunroof and LED map-interior lights have been added to the SEL model and above. Palisade trailer pre-wiring connectors, an important feature for those Palisade buyers who tow, has been upgraded from a 4-pin connector to an enhanced 7-pin connector design. Finally, a premium melange headliner has been added to the Premium package.

PALISADE EARLY BUYER SATISFACTION
In Hyundai early buyer studies, nearly half of Palisade buyers had never previously considered Hyundai, a clear indication of growing market consideration of the brand. Moreover, more than 60 percent of Palisade buyers represent conquest sales, such as when the vehicle traded-in is from a competitive brand. Impressively, 77 percent of Palisade owners indicated strongly improved perceptions of Hyundai from their ownership experience. Finally, 98 percent of Palisade buyers confirmed they were likely to recommend a Hyundai purchase in the future to friends and families.

HYUNDAI COMPLIMENTARY MAINTENANCE AND AMERICA’S BEST WARRANTY®
Hyundai Complimentary Maintenance is the latest addition to the Hyundai Assurance program, which promises to create a better experience for shoppers and owners of Hyundai vehicles. Hyundai Assurance is made up of Owner Assurance, now including complimentary maintenance, and Shopper Assurance, which together offer customers a variety of ways to simplify the buying process and improve the owning and service experience. Details on these promises include:

• America’s Best Warranty: 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty, 5-year/60,000-mile new vehicle limited warranty and 7-year anti-perforation warranty
  • Complimentary Maintenance: 3 years/36,000 miles of normal oil changes and tire rotations
2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Only difference on the calligraphy I can see over the 2020 limited seems to be a few exterior styling elements. The only item I wish I had with my 2020 limited is the wireless android auto...don't suppose that will ever be available as a software update?

·
Registered
456 Posts
It doesn’t mention the rear center console, which looked really nice in the early announcement articles for the Korean market.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The announcement also mentioned that the 4 way trailer connector will be upgraded to a 7 way. I just went through upgrading the existing 4 way to a 7 way and while it wasn't that big of a deal it would have been nice to have from the factory. As far as the other functional items (puddle lights, AWD w/lock, Snow mode, etc) these are already present on my Limited AWD. But someone has to ask Hyundai so I will - why no power folding mirrors????

·
Registered
956 Posts
It should be noted that wireless CarPlay/Android Auto is only for models without nav. For models with nav, you're still stuck with wired. Read this another way: we're upgrading the base infotainment unit, but the high-end nav one is the same as model year 2020.

Also, I suspect they don't document everything in a press release. Let's wait for exact details of the equipment changes.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Updated price list is here: https://www.hyundainews.com/assets/documents/original/41643-2021MYPalisadePriceSheet06Jul2020.pdf

Calligraphy trim can only be AWD. If you look at this price list and take out the AWD stuff which you can already get on the other trims, this is what the Calligraphy trim adds:

Calligraphy-exclusive 20” alloy wheel
Calligraphy-exclusive grille
Calligraphy-exclusive front and rear fascias
Calligraphy-exclusive exterior door finishers
Calligraphy-exclusive premium tail lamp accent lighting
Calligraphy-exclusive premium wide LED CHMSL
Calligraphy-exclusive puddle lamps
Calligraphy-exclusive quilted leather door panels
Calligraphy-exclusive microfiber suede headliner
Calligraphy-exclusive premium cargo sill plate
Calligraphy-exclusive perforated leather steering wheel

In fact, the Limited now gets LESS stuff that it did in 2020, as these have been moved to the Calligraphy trim. We got the microfiber suede headliner, exclusive wheels and grille, premium cargo sill plates... etc. in 2020. If you look at this new price sheet, it's no longer showing for 2021 for the Limited! Compare to this price sheet from May 2020: https://www.hyundainews.com/assets/documents/original/41001-2020MYPalisadePriceSheet07May2020.pdf

Quite happy with my 2020 Limited based on this update. We basically have the 2021 Calligraphy trim.

It doesn’t mention the rear center console, which looked really nice in the early announcement articles for the Korean market.
I think that was for the VIP trim level, that we're not getting.

·
Registered
456 Posts
They have a dark brown nappa leather, which i would have chosen if available.

there is no listing for microfiber headliner so is that the “melange” they list for the Limited?

·
Registered
956 Posts
They have a dark brown nappa leather, which i would have chosen if available.

there is no listing for microfiber headliner so is that the “melange” they list for the Limited?
I agree. I would have liked the dark brown as well.

Not sure what mélange headliner is, but I bet the microfiber suede headliner is better.

·
Registered
456 Posts
looking at the pricing sheet, it sure does look like they're de-contenting the current Limited trim. Is the base price of the Limited lower on the new pricing? I thought the 2020 Limited AWD was more than what's showing on the 2021 price sheet.

Our 2020 Limited AWD already has the Downhill Brake Assist, the HTRAC badging, Snow Mode and AWD Lock. Those are only on the 2021 Caligraphy now? The "calligraphy exclusive" quilted leather door panels also makes me wonder if they're not going to include those on the Limited for 2021, or maybe our quilted panels are Naugahyde. hahaha. I always thought the quilted "leather" door panels were vinyl anyways, and the quilted leather area on our seats is of a lower quality material than the Nappa Leather seating surface.

·
Registered
956 Posts
looking at the pricing sheet, it sure does look like they're de-contenting the current Limited trim. Is the base price of the Limited lower on the new pricing? I thought the 2020 Limited AWD was more than what's showing on the 2021 price sheet.

Our 2020 Limited AWD already has the Downhill Brake Assist, the HTRAC badging, Snow Mode and AWD Lock. Those are only on the 2021 Caligraphy now? The "calligraphy exclusive" quilted leather door panels also makes me wonder if they're not going to include those on the Limited for 2021, or maybe our quilted panels are Naugahyde. hahaha. I always thought the quilted "leather" door panels were vinyl anyways, and the quilted leather area on our seats is of a lower quality material than the Nappa Leather seating surface.
The HTRAC badging, snow mode and AWD lock will also be on lower trims that have AWD. If you read the price sheet, it says that this is what the Calligraphy trim gets on top of FWD trims. Well, of course, It’s AWD. A little misleading, if you ask me.

And yeah, they’re totally removing content from the Limited and moving it to the Calligraphy. A lot of the Calligraphy exclusives were on the 2020 Limited. Ok, so they came up with new wheels and a new grille. But that’s pretty much it.

Are there any pictures of the dark brown interior?
If you look at the Hyundai News page linked in the first post of this thread, there are a bunch of photos at the end. I can’t tell if they’re showing the dark brown or black though. If that’s dark brown, it might as well be black.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interesting, kind of stinks for me as I was looking to get the LTD but was waiting for 2021 to see if they solved the smell and wind issues. I prefer the 2020 LTD grill and wheels to the Calligraphy. I guess I have some thinking to do, take the chance I find a 2020 that doesn’t have the smell issue or look into 2021 SEL with options.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Updated price list is here: https://www.hyundainews.com/assets/documents/original/41643-2021MYPalisadePriceSheet06Jul2020.pdf

Calligraphy trim can only be AWD. If you look at this price list and take out the AWD stuff which you can already get on the other trims, this is what the Calligraphy trim adds:

Calligraphy-exclusive 20” alloy wheel
Calligraphy-exclusive grille
Calligraphy-exclusive front and rear fascias
Calligraphy-exclusive exterior door finishers
Calligraphy-exclusive premium tail lamp accent lighting
Calligraphy-exclusive premium wide LED CHMSL
Calligraphy-exclusive puddle lamps
Calligraphy-exclusive quilted leather door panels
Calligraphy-exclusive microfiber suede headliner
Calligraphy-exclusive premium cargo sill plate
Calligraphy-exclusive perforated leather steering wheel

In fact, the Limited now gets LESS stuff that it did in 2020, as these have been moved to the Calligraphy trim. We got the microfiber suede headliner, exclusive wheels and grille, premium cargo sill plates... etc. in 2020. If you look at this new price sheet, it's no longer showing for 2021 for the Limited! Compare to this price sheet from May 2020: https://www.hyundainews.com/assets/documents/original/41001-2020MYPalisadePriceSheet07May2020.pdf

Quite happy with my 2020 Limited based on this update. We basically have the 2021 Calligraphy trim.

I think that was for the VIP trim level, that we're not getting.
How did you get those price sheets?

·
Banned
674 Posts
My take:

Misses
  • Ugly wheels
  • dual exhausts
  • folding mirrors
  • second row center console
  • Power second row sunshades
  • Heated 3rd row
  • Powered side steps
  • I would’ve replaced the plastic sparkle dash piece with something more upscale
Hits
  • Contrast piping on headrests
  • Tow pkg connector solved

·
Registered
956 Posts
How did you get those price sheets?
It’s on the Hyundai News page linked in the first post in this thread.

EDIT: for the older ones, I have posted the links before on this forum. They don’t go dead, so they can always be retrieved for comparison.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Agree with CVP on the "miss" for not swapping out the sparkly dash pieces for, let's say, some open pore wood.

I guess that will come with a mid-cycle refresh.

And yes, those wheels are pretty hideous.

As for the contrast piping on the headrests, that's already there on the Limiteds; it matches the contrast piping on the seats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The announcement also mentioned that the 4 way trailer connector will be upgraded to a 7 way. I just went through upgrading the existing 4 way to a 7 way and while it wasn't that big of a deal it would have been nice to have from the factory. As far as the other functional items (puddle lights, AWD w/lock, Snow mode, etc) these are already present on my Limited AWD. But someone has to ask Hyundai so I will - why no power folding mirrors????

1 - 20 of 84 Posts