Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
273 Posts
it does... they are really hard to find and i know they arent on the hyundai website... if i did this correctly, here are pics.. including the front corner with the small square lights to show its a calligraphy.. hope this works... ive seen the beige, so i know what color youre talking about
That is actually the dark brown interior. It has a dark brown dash and trim accents with light beige seats. I have the same with the Beckett's Black exterior. It should be listed on your sticker as Hyper White with Dark Brown interior.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
273 Posts
i didnt know that was the actual color. the seats don't look light beige at all.. they are definitely eggshell color.. but i stand corrected
Order the Center console cover in Nappa Beige and it matches perfect and looks great.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So, it is time to think about a new car. I would probably get the 2022 SEL with the Convenience and Premium packages. for those of you with the 2021 or 2022 SELs what are your pros and cons?

I drove a 2021 back in May and they wanted MSRP so I balked at it. Now, that seems the norm. Even at MSRP, it seems like a decent value compared to the Explorer.

Thanks in Advance.

Dave
Good morning Dave. Yeah…MSRP is the norm now as the supply chain spectacle continues. Very important to ‘Shop Around’ as I found some ”clowns” who tried to sell me a used 2020 SEL Premium with 10K miles for $50K…..which is insane! After months of looking I was able to find a new 2021 Premium SEL at MSRP (which was $6K less than the con-artist wanted for the used 2020). To answer your question, at 6,500 miles I really don’t have any major gripes or cons. Perhaps a better tire package as I hear the Hancooks are pretty awful in the snow (have yet to verify this). Another request would be for a larger gas tank. No vehicle of this size should have a gas tank under 20 gallons! Even my ‘midsized’ Nissan Altima had a 20 gallon tank which was great for long hwy cruises. All things considered though, these are VERY minor gripes which are easily overridden by all the other excellent attributes of the Palisade.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good morning Dave. Yeah…MSRP is the norm now as the supply chain spectacle continues. Very important to ‘Shop Around’ as I found some ”clowns” who tried to sell me a used 2020 SEL Premium with 10K miles for $50K…..which is insane! After months of looking I was able to find a new 2021 Premium SEL at MSRP (which was $6K less than the con-artist wanted for the used 2020). To answer your question, at 6,500 miles I really don’t have any major gripes or cons. Perhaps a better tire package as I hear the Hancooks are pretty awful in the snow (have yet to verify this). Another request would be for a larger gas tank. No vehicle of this size should have a gas tank under 20 gallons! Even my ‘midsized’ Nissan Altima had a 20 gallon tank which was great for long hwy cruises. All things considered though, these are VERY minor gripes which are easily overridden by all the other excellent attributes of the Palisade.
I rarely ”reply to my own post” by I wanted to provide some ”pros”:

1.). Phenomenal LED headlights! No joke here……these LEDs are even more effective than the Highlander. Only downside is just get used to being high beam by a few drivers

2.). incredibly comfortable leather seats! A coworker of mine has the telluride with standard cloth seats (which can be assumed to be identical to palisade cloth seats)….there is a world of difference comfort wise.

3.) Great highway assist cruise control.

4.) Acceleration: Ample enough to safely and easily merge into busy freeway traffic but the palisade is hardly a ‘rocket ship’ acceleration wise (if that’s a priority look at Explorer ST, Durango Hemi, etc.).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just drove my new '22 SEL off the lot last night. Has convenience and premium packages. Paid MSRP in the Cleveland market.

Overall, having driven it twice so far, it's great. Both my wife and I commented at how smooth and natural it felt. This is a big change for us in terms of size, but it felt like we had been driving this for a long time. I also love that you can automatically lower/raise the second and third row seats from the trunk. Very slick.

In terms of cons, the only 2 so far are the lack of lighting in the 3rd row, which someone else noted. There is a light in the back, but it only comes on when the back hatch is opened. There are some people on the internet who MacGyver'd the wiring to connect the rear lights with all the others...but that's not something I'm even going to attempt. Aside from that, the trunk space is smaller than I anticipated with the 3rd row up. It does help that you can add depth by removing the cargo floor.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts