Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
188 Posts
Not really fair to call "No cooled seats " and " Lack of blind spot camera" a con as you could have had them if you chose the next trim level, so that was your choice.
Given that he is a new buyer, I would think he would want to know what he isn't getting on the SEL versus higher trims... but you do you.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
721 Posts
Are you an auto industry lawyer? Not even Testa is true self-driving but you can take your hands off the wheel without it nagging you every 30 seconds.
Well mine doesn't nag that much. I've driven down the highway for several miles without it nagging. I do have a theory that HDA allows it to go longer as well as straight highways.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
188 Posts
Well mine doesn't nag that much. I've driven down the highway for several miles without it nagging. I do have a theory that HDA allows it to go longer as well as straight highways.
The nagging is the main reason I'm looking at the Comma3... on long drives it's well worth the money. I don't think HDA makes a difference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Not really fair to call "No cooled seats " and " Lack of blind spot camera" a con as you could have had them if you chose the next trim level, so that was your choice.
That's true. I could not care less about cooled seats. While the blind spot camera is cool, I don't really need to know the year, make, model and color of the car in my blind spot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
People's obsession with MSRP makes no sense. The market dictates the price 100% of the time. If Hyundai said the useless MSRP is actually $60K you all would feel you got a good deal at $57K? but the same care at $55K at $50K MSRP is just a non starter?

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
721 Posts
People's obsession with MSRP makes no sense. The market dictates the price 100% of the time. If Hyundai said the useless MSRP is actually $60K you all would feel you got a good deal at $57K? but the same care at $55K at $50K MSRP is just a non starter?
It's about resale. We know the market isn't going to hold up so if you start in the negative by paying well over MSRP then you'll definitely eat that later. Now if you plan on owning the vehicle for several years then maybe it won't matter as much.

For example, I'm trying to dump mine now since it has the smell and it's been in the shop 5 times. Sure according to state law, it's a lemon so I'll try that. But if I just wanted to trade then I'm hoping to get what it's worth. If I paid $5K over MSRP then no way in hell would I get that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
You are correct. Went to the local Hyunda1 dealer today. They want $2k over MSRP. but they also make you buy an Appearance package for $899 that includes a pinstripe, clear door edge guards and clear plastic door handle guards. All worth about $100. People balk at baying MSRP or above because every car they ever bought was something below MSRP.

They might be smart just to raise the MSRP by $3k and split that with the dealer who will sell it at MSRP. It would piss off fewer people. Then when and if supply picks up, they can lower the MSRP by $1,500 and build an ad campaign around it. Even if I pay $2,900 over MSRP, I think is is still a better value than an Explorer. I don't like any other car s in this segment.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
It's about resale. We know the market isn't going to hold up so if you start in the negative by paying well over MSRP then you'll definitely eat that later. Now if you plan on owning the vehicle for several years then maybe it won't matter as much.

For example, I'm trying to dump mine now since it has the smell and it's been in the shop 5 times. Sure according to state law, it's a lemon so I'll try that. But if I just wanted to trade then I'm hoping to get what it's worth. If I paid $5K over MSRP then no way in hell would I get that.
It is scary to hear of someone wanting to dump their one year old Palisade.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
You want to come smell it? Trust me I enjoy driving it, great features. But after a summer of smell, I would rather be in something else. If they'll give me a 2022 Calligraphy then I'll be happy.
Is this the only problem you have had with it? I thought I saw that the smell was from the headrests and has since been corrected. Can't they just replace the headrests? You might be asking too much for a new one especially as they are in short supply.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
721 Posts
Is this the only problem you have had with it? I thought I saw that the smell was from the headrests and has since been corrected. Can't they just replace the headrests? You might be asking too much for a new one especially as they are in short supply.
New headrests didn't fix mine. Last week they soaked all my seat backs and within 2 days the smell was back. Both the Field Service Manager and Service Manager stated I should file a claim. Had one open with Hyundai for 2 months so now I've started one with BBB. Either for a new one or buyback. I get it that 22s are still hard to come by but that's ok, it's getting cooler out and the smell tends to go away so I'll wait.

·
Registered
4 Posts
November 2020 I traded my 2015 Genesis Equus for a 2021 Palisade Calligraphy.. the dealership (salesman) i go to is actually honest and respectful. I paid under MSRP for mine. I specifically wanted a white ext and cream (white) interior. One day it came in and I got it within an hour. I loved my Equus (now its called a G90). Only minor differences in calligraphy vs other models. I did install a 500w amp and 12 in sub also and it completely changes the sound. (McKinney Tx - Huffines Hyundai - Speak only to Daniel Kadar) (he's sold me my last 7 cars)

·
Registered
4 Posts
it does... they are really hard to find and i know they arent on the hyundai website... if i did this correctly, here are pics.. including the front corner with the small square lights to show its a calligraphy.. hope this works... ive seen the beige, so i know what color youre talking about

21 Calligraphy doesn't come with a cream (white) interior. Did you mean a beige?

Attachments

21 - 40 of 47 Posts