Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it is time to think about a new car. I would probably get the 2022 SEL with the Convenience and Premium packages. for those of you with the 2021 or 2022 SELs what are your pros and cons?

I drove a 2021 back in May and they wanted MSRP so I balked at it. Now, that seems the norm. Even at MSRP, it seems like a decent value compared to the Explorer.

Thanks in Advance.

Dave

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
273 Posts
So, it is time to think about a new car. I would probably get the 2022 SEL with the Convenience and Premium packages. for those of you with the 2021 or 2022 SELs what are your pros and cons?

I drove a 2021 back in May and they wanted MSRP so I balked at it. Now, that seems the norm. Even at MSRP, it seems like a decent value compared to the Explorer.

Thanks in Advance.

Dave
MSRP is a deal in todays market. Most dealers are asking $5K-$7K over MSRP.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you buy it off the lot or order it? If ordered, how long did it take to get? I went to a KIA dealer today in McHenry inquiring about the Teluride. They said six month wait and $5,000 over MSRP. They said sorry but were laughing. I said goodbye.
I started my search last week.

I ordered a Kia for less than MSRP using the Costco discount and was told the wait is 6-8 months. The next day I started thinking 6 - 8 months puts me into 2022 almost time for the 23 models to come out. So I contacted a dealer to get me a Palisade (they don't call it custom ordering) and was told it could take up to 8 weeks which is better for me. I have searched inventory in surrounding states and cannot find anything available to purchase in my configuration - either Kia or Hyundai without the markup which I refuse to pay.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I started my search last week.

I ordered a Kia for less than MSRP using the Costco discount and was told the wait is 6-8 months. The next day I started thinking 6 - 8 months puts me into 2022 almost time for the 23 models to come out. So I contacted a dealer to get me a Palisade (they don't call it custom ordering) and was told it could take up to 8 weeks which is better for me. I have searched inventory in surrounding states and cannot find anything available to purchase in my configuration - either Kia or Hyundai without the markup which I refuse to pahy.
Thanks for the info. I will not pay over MSRP either. Will hold on to my current car for a while longer. Nothing wrong with it

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
273 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will not pay over MSRP either. Will hold on to my current car for a while longer. Nothing wrong with it
Holding on to your car could be a catch 22. You have to time it right or you may not get the trade-in value. Most are getting way above market for their trade-in so don't wait too long.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Holding on to your car could be a catch 22. You have to time it right or you may not get the trade-in value. Most are getting way above market for their trade-in so don't wait too long.
That is good advice. But my current car is a 2007 Mountaineer with 100k on it. Not too worried about further depreciation.

·
Registered
2022 AWD Calligraphy, Hyper White Exterior with Light Beige Interior
191 Posts
Did you buy it off the lot or order it? If ordered, how long did it take to get? I went to a KIA dealer today in McHenry inquiring about the Teluride. They said six month wait and $5,000 over MSRP. They said sorry but were laughing. I said goodbye.
Bought it on July 3rd, they had one with exactly what I wanted landed in Portland, and it arrived August 14th. Glad you stuck to your guns and refused to pay a premium.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bought it on July 3rd, they had one with exactly what I wanted landed in Portland, and it arrived August 14th. Glad you stuck to your guns and refused to pay a premium.
In early May, the Hyundai dealer in Alqonquin would have sold me a Palisade at MSRP. Should have pulled the trigger then. I will call the sales guy on Monday to see where they are at. I think the Telurides are in shorter supply and/or higher demand.

Maybe I should call your dealer in Aurora.

·
Registered
2022 AWD Calligraphy, Hyper White Exterior with Light Beige Interior
191 Posts
In early May, the Hyundai dealer in Alqonquin would have sold me a Palisade at MSRP. Should have pulled the trigger then. I will call the sales guy on Monday to see where they are at. I think the Telurides are in shorter supply and/or higher demand.

Maybe I should call your dealer in Aurora.
Seems to be in higher demand. Personally I like the exterior of the Telluride a lot but think the interior looks cobbled together while the Palisade is very well finished and put together. Since I ride inside the vehicle I choose the Palisade and haven’t been anything but happy about my decision. Good luck in finding one.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
188 Posts
2021 or 2022 SELs what are your pros and cons?
Pros
  1. Comfortable and upscale interior; tons of room
  2. heated front and back seats (and steering wheel)
  3. bluelink remote start from space is nice
  4. LED headlights are outstanding
  5. Semi-autonomous driving
  6. Blindspot warning is great
  7. Lots and lots of safety features means insurance goes down
  8. Infotainment is big and bright, Hyundai default system is pretty good for navigation
  9. 16 cup holders
  10. 10 USB charging points (we lost power and used the Palisade as a charging point)
  11. Tons of storage and carry capacity
  12. Homelink eliminates need for separate garage door opener
Cons
  1. No cooled seats
  2. Bluelink doesn't turn heated/cooled seats on
  3. Bluelink outside 3 free years is a ripoff
  4. When letting vehicle self drive, it nags you to put your hands on the wheel when you don't need to
  5. Lack of blindspot camera
  6. Infotainment default screen is virtually useless; lacks customization
  7. Fuel economy isn't great but at least its regular gas
  8. 10 inch infotainment doesn't allow wireless Auto Car Play
  9. 3rd row has very poor lighting
  10. Lack of colors for the vehicle. Basically there's white, grey, black and dark red. The green is grey. The blue is black.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts