Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experiencing any of these issues? Anyone had them resolved? Anyone that did what was done to repair these issues?

Having issues with my 2020 Palisade Limited with 47K miles. Below are the issues, they are all intermittent and don't happen all at once. Car is finally at the dealership with zero confidence they'll find anything. Here are my issues.

1- Car will not start when the start button is depressed. After a couple of attempts it will start I notice that the brake pedal is excessively hard with this happens.

2- FOBS do not lock or unlock the doors. When this happens I need to gain entry by pressing the buttons on the door handle

3- FOB does not open lift gate, release button in car also don't work. Nor does the manual handle release it on the lift gate.

4- Back up camera won't work.

5- Car radio & navigation remains on when the car is off and the door is opened. I usually have to do a short drive before it will return to normal operation

6- Dash info system lights up showing I have passengers in the 2 nd & 3 Rd rows when there no one else in the car.

7- Very strange chime sound inside the car, not the normal sound.

8- Drivers door lock / unlock controls don't work

That's it, as stated at the dealer with zero confidence they'll find the issue. My thought is a possible bad ground somewhere. Battery has been tested and deemed good and FOB batteries have been replaced

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’d try just disconnecting all USB devices and the battery for 10 minutes and then rehook the battery up (leave the USBs out). May just need a good reset. I also assume you are using the latest software? Intermittent problems are the worse. The backup camera (if it doesn’t work anytime) may be a good one to focus on.

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Essential trim. Typhoon Silver
339 Posts
Bad luck for the OP. My 2022 Essential does not share any of his problems but have a list of my own.
  1. Intermittent door unlocking. I know how it's supposed to work but frequently find the hatch or passenger door locked when it should not be.
  2. 2nd row seat belt. Will activate an alarm if undone.. as t should. But then it should shut off when the passenger disembarks. Frequently does not and requires shutting off the engine to silence/reset the sensor.
  3. Again 2nd row seat belt, I have seat belt extenders. One of the consequences of using an extender is that the system assumes the seat belt is done up. However, occasionally when one in fact does the seat belt up the system will alarm, requiring undoing the seat belt and then re doing it.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Preferred
1 Posts
Anyone else experiencing any of these issues? Anyone had them resolved? Anyone that did what was done to repair these issues?

Having issues with my 2020 Palisade Limited with 47K miles. Below are the issues, they are all intermittent and don't happen all at once. Car is finally at the dealership with zero confidence they'll find anything. Here are my issues.

1- Car will not start when the start button is depressed. After a couple of attempts it will start I notice that the brake pedal is excessively hard with this happens.

2- FOBS do not lock or unlock the doors. When this happens I need to gain entry by pressing the buttons on the door handle

3- FOB does not open lift gate, release button in car also don't work. Nor does the manual handle release it on the lift gate.

4- Back up camera won't work.

5- Car radio & navigation remains on when the car is off and the door is opened. I usually have to do a short drive before it will return to normal operation

6- Dash info system lights up showing I have passengers in the 2 nd & 3 Rd rows when there no one else in the car.

7- Very strange chime sound inside the car, not the normal sound.

8- Drivers door lock / unlock controls don't work

That's it, as stated at the dealer with zero confidence they'll find the issue. My thought is a possible bad ground somewhere. Battery has been tested and deemed good and FOB batteries have been replaced

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

I have had numerous of these issues in my 2020 Palisade Preferred. Did the dealership help you out at all?? I have zero faith in our dealership. We have replaced the battery in our FOB too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts