Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I want to say I love the truck overall, however I do have a few complaints:. I have the limited edition by the way
1. It doesn't have a CD Player
2. The side mirrors are not automatic to fold in like my G80 Sport

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
First I want to say I love the truck overall, however I do have a few complaints:. I have the limited edition by the way
1. It doesn't have a CD Player
2. The side mirrors are not automatic to fold in like my G80 Sport
CD Player: sign of the times. You'll have to get used to it as less and less cars come with one. I suggest you rip your music to your phone or a USB drive.
Folding side mirrors: yep, common complaint. Particularly since other countries do get that feature on the Palisade. Maybe for 2021 in the US...

·
Registered
48 Posts
You know I never noticed that it didn’t have a CD player. Come to think of it a rear seat entertainment center would be a great feature. Isn't the car designed for families? Is there a way to watch a movie now?

·
Registered
153 Posts
My wife and I considered the Pilot with the rear entertainment option and were at first surprised that the Palisade didn't offer one. Then upon further reflection we realized that we wouldn't use it all that much anyway considering the tablet options that are out there now. The blu-ray player that typically feeds the entertainment system would also be collecting dust, much like a CD player.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Has.. Kids use tablets and phone, no need for anything like that any more. Some cars do have Wifi but most have unlimited family data plans and can share that data with the tablets as well. Never hurts to have options.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am also a big fan of CDs, and I have a good (500+) collection here...
.... But I also liked the USB sticker solution.
My process to move from the CD to the USB is:
(1) Windows Media Player comes with a RIP CD option on Windows 10. Go to RIP settings -> Rip Music -> set format to MP3, Rip CD automatically, Eject CD automatically, Best quality -> and just keep replacing CDs on your computer, as it ejects and waits for the next one with no interaction.
(2) I got a handful of USB stickers at Amazon and placed my Ripped CDs divided in different categories
.... And voila! You have 30+ CDs per USB that are easy to swap on the touch of a button. I am sold.

Downsize: I am Ripping anywhere from 5 to 10 CDs per night, so it will take a long time to finish :(.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I know some people are still CD fans and of course services like Spotify cannot replace all the songs from a CD collection. Mario's plan is actually not a bad plan but a very time consuming one.
Other than missing some songs, why not just subscribe to a service like Spotify? If you think it's costly, you can do a family plan. I do this with my "family" and split the cost. $15/month which allows up to 6 accounts. We have 3 families which brings the cost to $5 per family with each family having 2 accounts (1 for me and 1 for my wife). You do not have to stream spotify if you are afraid of using up data. you can download the songs for offline use (but you have to play it through the Spotify app). I have like 1 thousand songs Once you connect to Android Auto or Bluetooth with my phone, bam you play whatever you want and without the hassle of clicking to the song you want to hear.

I'm not in anyway affiliated with Spotify but just using it as an example. but if you don't want to pay that monthly fee and have the time to RIP the CD songs to an USB drive, then that is one solution.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good idea, will check this option too. I was worried about data plan but your post may change my mind there (if I can download to my phone in advance, its game on!)
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
CD Player: sign of the times. You'll have to get used to it as less and less cars come with one. I suggest you rip your music to your phone or a USB drive.
Folding side mirrors: yep, common complaint. Particularly since other countries do get that feature on the Palisade. Maybe for 2021 in the US...
Seeing that the ELANTRA can be had with power folding mirrors...this was a complete FAILURE on Hyundai's designers. Ridiculous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts