Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased a white. Palisade limited with beige interior last July and it was serviced for odor several times per factory attempts to drench the headrests and seat in fabreze like compounds

After 3 months and fall weather, The smell remained slightly and the dealer said that was all they could do

I got a letter from Hyundai denying any compensation or replacement

Now the weather is getting much warmer here in Washington state and the smell is much more obvious if the car windows are closed. My wife hates the car as it should not stink and my daughter is concerned about her kids sitting in the car as the odor is very noticeable to her.

I love driving the car but I do not like apologizing about the smell

Am I the only one still having problems?
Jeff

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
most people have been able to get the head rests replaced now. First the dealer has to try the deodorizer route several times. The he can contact Hyundai and they will let him replace the head rests. Try again or go to a different dealer. You should also call the customer service number in the manual complain to them and get a case number. The dealer can replace them for you. Last fall they didn't do that

·
Registered
20 Posts
First the dealer has to try the deodorizer route several times.
This part is ridiculous. If Hyundai were honest and cared about their customers they would skip this part and replace the headrests upon confirming the smell. There's no way I'm taking my car to the dealer up to 4 times to get the headrests replaced when I should only have to take it once.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This part is ridiculous. If Hyundai were honest and cared about their customers they would skip this part and replace the headrests upon confirming the smell. There's no way I'm taking my car to the dealer up to 4 times to get the headrests replaced when I should only have to take it once.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I got the car home from the dealer, we noticed the smell. Took it back a few weeks later and left it for a few days. They said it didn’t smell to them but they did the interior protection for free. When I picked it up, the odor was different for a few days but after a week it was back. Took it to a different dealer and they confirmed it smelled. They tried to address the issue but could not get Hyundai to replace the headrests. I did open a case file with Hyundai. Once the weather got cold her , the smell was not as bad

I am taking it back to the dealer next week but can someone confirm that replacing the headrests ( front, middle or all seats) solved the problem? I really love driving this car but it should not stink
My wife wants me to pursue a lemon law investigation as Hyundai is not treating this as important. The car and driver magazine also mentioned this issue last fall as well.

Thank you for your comments.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine is going in but not until the 28th. I also have really bad wind noise so they are looking at that for like the 3rd time. I have a case opened with corporate for both issues. 2nd case with the smell. The first one they closed after buying me one of those chloride bomb things. The worst part is my dealer is like almost 2 months out when making appts. It’s fricking ridiculous. If that holds up it will be next summer before I even qualify for new head rests.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We had all the headrest replaced and at first we thought that the smell issue had been solved. Now with the warmer weather the garlic smell has returned. We have tried spraying some Fabreeze but all it did was mask the smell. I believe that the smell originates with the cars interior vinyl . My wife have tried using some Clorox handy wipes and that seems to have helped more than anything.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We had all the headrest replaced and at first we thought that the smell issue had been solved. Now with the warmer weather the garlic smell has returned. We have tried spraying some Fabreeze but all it did was mask the smell. I believe that the smell originates with the cars interior vinyl . My wife have tried using some Clorox handy wipes and that seems to have helped more than anything.
I hope that’s not the case on mine but who knows. It will probably take me 6 months to actually get them replaced. What are the next steps if it’s the whole interior seating???? Lemon law return???? There is a lawyer in Minnesota filing a class action law suit against Hyundai. I’m contacting them today.

Class Action Lawsuit for Palisade Odor

Finally something is being done to help us. If you have the problem or any questions contact Anne Regan at (952) 460-9285. Or [email protected]

·
Registered
27 Posts
I to had my headrests replaced, and for months no issues. As weather warms, Ive now noticed a little smell on a few occasions. I am fearful it is coming back, maybe not as bad. I may contact the class action lawsuit as well..... Love the car, but the smell issue has gotten very old for a $50K car

·
Registered
54 Posts
I to had my headrests replaced, and for months no issues. As weather warms, Ive now noticed a little smell on a few occasions. I am fearful it is coming back, maybe not as bad. I may contact the class action lawsuit as well..... Love the car, but the smell issue has gotten very old for a $50K car
Exactly. No new car should have a bad smell, regardless of the price tag. I’ve had $5000 used cars that smell better than this one. The worst part is that my wife will take the Palisade in about a month and she has a good nose. She drove it yesterday and commented immediately about the smell and it makes her almost gag.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts