Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone's thoughts on these? I thought I'd never say this but the Kia Telluride looks dam SHARP! I'm even considering leasing one.. not vibing on the Palisade but it does look good too!

How well will these lease at the start? I know the hype is real right now.. local Kia dealership can't keep the Telluride on the lot it seems.

I'm pro Honda. All I own is Honda and I sell them daily but we're going to lease soon and my wife wants to try something else that isn't Honda haha

·
Registered
18 Posts
What is everyone's thoughts on these? I thought I'd never say this but the Kia Telluride looks dam SHARP! I'm even considering leasing one.. not vibing on the Palisade but it does look good too!

How well will these lease at the start? I know the hype is real right now.. local Kia dealership can't keep the Telluride on the lot it seems.

I'm pro Honda. All I own is Honda and I sell them daily but we're going to lease soon and my wife wants to try something else that isn't Honda haha
For my 2 cents, my last vehicle was a 2017 Honda Pilot Limited. I now own a Palisade Ultimate (Limited in USA). I bought the Palisade approx 6 months ago and there is no comparison between the 2. Simply put the Palisade is 10 times better. I have had zero problem with my Palisade.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's a tough decision - we looked at both and are ending up with a Palisade Limited. I viewed and read perhaps 20-25 reviews on both cars - comparisons etc. We just liked the interior of the Palisade better - especially how the info screen in integrated into the dash.

I also think that the Teluride is trying to look like a range rover in the front. Just don't like the whole "oh nice rover - oh wait it's a Kia?

Don't love the light interior on our Palisade but with a liked the black even less. Would have preferred grey leather but not available at our trim level.

The Palisade has good consumers reliability ratings - and is SUCH a value that it's an easy decision to add on to the already great warranty by purchasing an extended warranty and still being way ahead.

We are Acura/Toyota/Lexus family so Hyundai is a bit of a leap - but the warranty and the Consumers Reports made us comfortable.

Lastly and it's an intangible - but cars ARE a personal thing...I think that Hyundai gets some brand uplift from their Genesis line - the Kia is just that a Kia.....

·
Registered
502 Posts
I was Honda person since the 1980s. Still have one of our Two 2005 Honda Odyssey (other was killed by a hit and run truck driver). They're good cars. Clean layout. Never stranded us. Naturally over the years things needed repair. We considered Palisade, Telluride, Ascent, Pilot and more. My wife would not even test drive the current Pilot. As soon as she got in side she felt like she was still in our Odyssey which she does like. In short it seemed dated and too familiar.

Kia and Palisade are both very good cars. As noted elsewhere Besides difference in styling at each trim/option level each car has different features and value. We would have been happy with either. The Palisade has a more elegant look in and out. The Telluride a little more "sporty".

I would say after you evaluate / test drive that either would make you family happy see what Lease/Purchase options are. Leases at good rates tend to be limited to less popular trim and option levels in any car.

Over all Lease and Finance rates are lower with Hyundai and Kia, they also have much longer warranty then most other cars. The combination of those made us stop considering the Ascent which was a great car as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

usps trackingshowbox

issue solved!!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The problem with leasing a palisade of a telluride is that you can lease a better equipped Volvo xc90 for less money.

-says the person leasing a palisade

·
Registered
71 Posts
The problem with leasing a palisade of a telluride is that you can lease a better equipped Volvo xc90 for less money.

-says the person leasing a palisade
I’m in this same boat! My 2017 Santa Fe lease is up in March and I really want in on the Palisade Limited, but I would be looking at a 650/month lease payment vs 525/month lease payment in a T6 XC90 6 seater. Really hoping some extra lease cash comes through before the end of the fiscal year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts