The 2020 Palisade is a new flagship three-row SUV that's unlike any other from Hyundai and its crowded segment.
Early reviews from reputable automotive publications confirm this, highlighting on areas like its roomy cabin, abundance of technology, ride quality, assistive technology, interior/exterior design, practicality, capability and reasonable fuel economy. The details reveal even more of this highly refined and well thought out flagship.
Initially the Palisades bold design captures you, unlike anything seen from Hyundai in this configuration featuring; a cascading grille, front and rear exterior LED lighting, panoramic sunroof, multi-spoke 20-inch wheels and low drag coefficient that not only makes it aerodynamically sound but aesthetically pleasing as well.
Inside has also been well executed, with key elements like its modern wraparound design, nappa leather, convenient technology via powered controls for 2nd and 3rd row seats, standard safety driving aids, generous driver accessible storage, 16 cupholders, heads-up display and the latest in technology that meets all your connectivity and infotainment system needs.
The interior also benefits from class-leading passenger and cargo volume. Its on a level only previously seen in full-size SUV's, typically outfitted with big displacement gas guzzling V8's. Its 114.2-inch wheelbase is to thank for this, outpacing comparable vehicles by up to 4 inches. A standard high adjustable powered lift gate adds to the convenience.
Performance is also a big hitter, delivering 291 horsepower and 262 lb.-ft. of torque and an estimated 23 mpg combined, coming from the latest version of Hyundai's Lambda 3.8L V6. Its the best power to fuel economy ratio from a big displacement V6. HTRAC® 4WD with various drive modes, optional 245/50R20 wheel/tire combo, and increased width complements the power output with a level of control that will keep you confident behind the wheel.
2020 Palisade Specifications
- Type: Lambda II, Atkinson Cycle GDI D-CVVT 24-Valve 6-cylinder
- Materials: Aluminum block and head
- Bore & stroke (mm): 87 X 96
- Compression ratio: 13.0 : 1
- Displacement: 3.8 liters / 3,778 cc
- Horsepower: 291 @ 6,000 RPM (preliminary estimate)
- Torque (lb.-ft.): 262 @ 5,000 RPM (preliminary estimate)
- Valves per cylinder: 6
- Drive Type: FWD (standard), HTRAC AWD (optional)
- Transmission Type: 8-speed Automatic Transmission with SHIFTRONIC® manual shift mode
- First: 4.808
- Second: 2.901
- Third: 1.864
- Fourth: 1.424
- Fifth: 1.219
- Sixth: 1.000
- Seventh: 0.799
- Eighth: 0.648
- Reverse: 3.425
- Final: 3.510 / 3.648
- Front Type: MacPherson strut with coil springs
- Rear Type: Multi-link Independent, separated spring & shocks with stabilizer bar, Load levelling (optional)
- Type: Motor Driven Power Steering (MDPS) Rack and pinion steering, columnmounted
- Overall Ratio: 15.6
- Turns, lock to lock" 2.86
- Turning diameter: (curb to curb, in feet) 38.3
- Front (mm): 340 x 30 Ventilated Disc
- Rear (mm): 305 x 11 Solid Disc
- ABS w/ Electronic Force Distribution: standard
- Tires: 245/60 R18 (standard), 245/50 R20 (optional)
- Wheels: 18 X 7.5J Alloys (standard) 20 X 7.5J Alloys (optional)
- Wheelbase: 114.2
- Length: 196.1
- Width: 77.8
- Height: (w/ roof side rails) 68.9 (68.9)
- Head room (front (w/sunroof) / 2nd row (w/sunroof) / 3rd row (w/sunroof): 40.7 (39.3) / 40.1 (38.8) / 37.4 (37.2)
- Leg room (front / 2nd row / 3rd row): 44.1 / 42.4 / 31.4
- Shoulder room (front / 2nd row / 3rd row): 61.2 / 60.8 / 55.2
- Hip room (front / 2nd row / 3rd row): TBD