Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll keep it short. New limited, obviously little time behind wheel. I wasn't looking for palisade but they happened to have a Burgundy Limited in stock, drove it, liked it very well. Based on features and lovely interior, I pulled trigger. The Limited trim is about equivalant to the Telluride SX with prestige package for content. I feel the Telluride looked cooler outside but Palisade more uptown inside.

Pros: -As if a minivan and luxury sedan had a mid size, AWD SUV baby-just what I needed for small family, large dog.
-Beautifully detailed interior with great storage and thoughtful details throughout-storage/space almost minivan like up to 3rd row
-Great cameras front and back/overhead.(Didn't know I wanted a front camera-very useful already). Solid,not overwrought, driver nanny tools
-quiet composed ride for non adaptive suspension
-HVAC, seat cooling and stereo work well/ very good sound stage

Cons: (These are mostly niggles and may get sorted out)
-Where do I put my phone?!(What, I'm not supposed to drive and look at it ;-) Seriously though, there is a large airy cabin but no great spot below the top of dash -where the police may frown on phone screen-to mount one.
-can't change XM radio stations 1 at a time easily(thumb control on steering wheel is not accurate)supposed to hold it for exactly 0.8 secs, any more than that and it jumps to next preset or 2 to 3 stations at a time. There are a bunch of presets though(?15)
-Neither HUD, nor dash show audio input/info except for a moment when changing station or mode. Have to look at touch screen mid dash, and then maybe open that "widget" up to get all info one wants.
-Weather not displaying, says unable(probably my fail)
-Pretty complex to sort out widgets/settings, not as intuitive as my Durango was(U Connect worked flawlessly)

In summary, the Pros, which are the most substantial matters pertaining to the car, far outweigh the cons which I will adapt to or learn how to resolve. This was posted just to start the conversation and let people know what a non fan boy(I'm not brand loyal) thought about his new purchase

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll keep it short. New limited, obviously little time behind wheel. I wasn't looking for palisade but they happened to have a Burgundy Limited in stock, drove it, liked it very well. Based on features and lovely interior, I pulled trigger. The Limited trim is about equivalant to the Telluride SX with prestige package for content. I feel the Telluride looked cooler outside but Palisade more uptown inside.

Pros: -As if a minivan and luxury sedan had a mid size, AWD SUV baby-just what I needed for small family, large dog.
-Beautifully detailed interior with great storage and thoughtful details throughout-storage/space almost minivan like up to 3rd row
-Great cameras front and back/overhead.(Didn't know I wanted a front camera-very useful already). Solid,not overwrought, driver nanny tools
-quiet composed ride for non adaptive suspension
-HVAC, seat cooling and stereo work well/ very good sound stage

Cons: (These are mostly niggles and may get sorted out)
-Where do I put my phone?!(What, I'm not supposed to drive and look at it ;-) Seriously though, there is a large airy cabin but no great spot below the top of dash -where the police may frown on phone screen-to mount one.
-can't change XM radio stations 1 at a time easily(thumb control on steering wheel is not accurate)supposed to hold it for exactly 0.8 secs, any more than that and it jumps to next preset or 2 to 3 stations at a time. There are a bunch of presets though(?15)
-Neither HUD, nor dash show audio input/info except for a moment when changing station or mode. Have to look at touch screen mid dash, and then maybe open that "widget" up to get all info one wants.
-Weather not displaying, says unable(probably my fail)
-Pretty complex to sort out widgets/settings, not as intuitive as my Durango was(U Connect worked flawlessly)

In summary, the Pros, which are the most substantial matters pertaining to the car, far outweigh the cons which I will adapt to or learn how to resolve. This was posted just to start the conversation and let people know what a non fan boy(I'm not brand loyal) thought about his new purchase
Great post … Thank you for sharing your initial impressions. I hope you will give us a 500 mile update.

·
Registered
31 Posts
All great points there! So I put my phone on the wireless charger because with Apple Car Play, the thing I LOVE is that I don’t even need to touch my phone while driving! It projects onto the info screen, where I can get to my music (you just have to plug your phone into USB port for Apple/ android play to work). Then if I get a text message, it reads it out loud to me and I can respond via voice (voice recognition is good too). And of course you have navigation and could use google maps from your phone projected on the screen, so for me, there is literally no reason to pick up or see my actual phone while driving. That feels much safer and less chaotic to me. My weather works, so I think you may just need to mess around with your settings. There is so much available on the car that I anticipate a learning curve to really master all the infotainment stuff, but for having the vehicle only a few days, I easily figured out all the basics plus. I pretty much love everything about the Palisade and my only con was that the other day I was on a steep incline in kind of a tight parking lot. My emergency break automatically engages when I park it on an incline, which is great. I noticed when I backed up though, I seemed to have to give the gas an extra push to disengage emergency parking brake and then it kind of launched back, so it made me a little nervous with a tight, busy parking lot. It may have been because I was on a downward incline of rocks and I had to back up over a flat log that stuck up just enough to make it kind of difficult to get over. It was kind of an unusual parking lot setup/ material most people won’t be encountering, so I don’t expect people to have as difficult of a time as I did with that one experience. One other person on here said something about the slight launch back after disengaging parking break that worries them in tight spaces. I’ll test it out once I’m not in such a strange parking lot situation to see how it goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had mine 9 days, 400 miles. I just turned in a 2017 GLC300 ($57,000) and this car blows that away. Before that a 2014 C300 and can't believe I went from 2 new Mercedes leases to a Hyundai but this vehicle amazes me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts