Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2022 AWD Calligraphy, Hyper White Exterior with Light Beige Interior
288 Posts
blutob2 good advice, hopefully everyone is using top-tier fuel so the additive isn't needed. I find top-tier not too be more expensive if you use gas-buddy and cheaper in the long run because it's just plain better fuel.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
790 Posts
I put a bottle in all my cars every April anyway. At $8.99 a bottle, $2.99 when I catch them on sale, it's not going to hurt anything and is definitely cheaper than anything the dealer charges.

Reactions: magicia3

·
Registered
288 Posts
I put a bottle in all my cars every April anyway. At $8.99 a bottle, $2.99 when I catch them on sale, it's not going to hurt anything and is definitely cheaper than anything the dealer charges.
Very true.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey folk!
I took my 2021 Palisade to the dealer yesterday for its 15,000 mile oil change / tire rotation. At check in, the service advisor asked if I wanted the full 15,000 mile service which included lubing the throttle body, bottle of injection cleaner in the gas tank, rebalance the tires & other things I don’t remember. I said no. Mostly because I would want lead time before committing to sit in the waiting room for that work. Also, I think those things are not necessary, certainly not at 15,000 miles and now I see they are not mentioned in the owner’s manual. Has Hyundai recommended these things to you? Have you had it done? I would do the lubing, if it’s really recommended but rebalancing the tires just sounds like a money generator.
Thx!
The Hyundai dealers are out to rip you off royally. I took mine in for the 15000 mile oil change. They said the maintenance does not include the recommended service at 15,000 miles at an additional cost of $613. I told them I have never brought my car in for service at any other dealership that they didn't top off windshield fluid oil check the tire pressure Etc. Mission Hills Hyundai said that's not what's covered in the free maintenance and they'd be happy to do it for an additional charge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm taking my '21 Cali Pali in for its 15K service next week. I told the dealer I wanted the complimentary service; but their estimated cost is $300 for the following services:
  • Change engine oil and filter
  • Rotate Tires
  • Replace engine air filter
  • Complete Multipoint Inspection
  • Complete brake inspection
  • Set tire pressures
  • Balance front tires and wheels.
  • Install Hyundai Fuel System Cleaner
  • Check and fill all underhood fluids.
  • Inspect and adjust drive belts
  • Clean & Adjust Rear Brakes
  • Inspect drive axel boots and suspension
  • Inspect undercarriage
  • Test battery and charging system
  • Roadtest Vehicle
  • Inspect steering gear and linkage
  • Lube chassis, hinges, and locks
Thanks to this thead, I'll go in prepared to argue them down to just the oil change and tire rotation (unless someone feels I really need any of the stuff listed here!).

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
396 Posts
Thanks to this thead, I'll go in prepared to argue them down to just the oil change and tire rotation (unless someone feels I really need any of the stuff listed here!).
I'm doing my 15K here in about an hour.... oil change and tire rotation only. I'll change my own filters and add fuel injector cleaner myself, thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm taking my '21 Cali Pali in for its 15K service next week. I told the dealer I wanted the complimentary service; but their estimated cost is $300 for the following services:
  • Rotate Tires
  • Set tire pressures
  • Inspect undercarriage
  • Roadtest Vehicle
Sounds like a $300 Jiffy Lube $29 oil change.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
396 Posts
And $0 are the charges on my service. Service guys don't even try that stuff on me... I'm assuming they haven't been told to push it. I even overheard one who fixed a guy's trunk problem for free.

·
Registered
16 Posts
And $0 are the charges on my service. Service guys don't even try that stuff on me... I'm assuming they haven't been told to push it. I even overheard one who fixed a guy's trunk problem for free.
Not all Hyundai dealers are equal. My home dealer, in Canandaigua NY doesn't push anything on me when I go in. If they do bring something to my attention, it genuinely needs to be done and it's reasonable. They did my 15k service this summer and didn't suggest anything beyond the free maintenance that came with it. I requested the air and cabin filters to be changed. The Florida dealer left the car interior dirty, left a lug nut off on one wheel and the sticker on the windshield indicated another oil change due in 3k miles. Will be avoiding them this winter.

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Essential trim. Typhoon Silver
444 Posts
Sounds like a $300 Jiffy Lube $29 oil change.
Popped into my local Jiffy Lube yesterday for my 15,000 (KM) oil change. $153.50.. thanks but no thanks, no waiting is not worth that much. Made appointment with a KIA dealer for $115 next week. Still an outrageous price.. For the entire time I owned my 2011 Highlander the dealer never charged more than $65 for a Mobil One synthetic oil change

·
Registered
14 Posts
Popped into my local Jiffy Lube yesterday for my 15,000 (KM) oil change. $153.50.. thanks but no thanks, no waiting is not worth that much. Made appointment with a KIA dealer for $115 next week. Still an outrageous price.. For the entire time I owned my 2011 Highlander the dealer never charged more than $65 for a Mobil One synthetic oil change.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I bought my 2020 when they just started the "free" 3 year maintenance. We all know the cost of these free oil changes are built into the cost of the car, and it's a way to get owners back into the dealer service centers where they can get up-sold on other "critical" maintenance by using scare tactics. Sure not all dealers do this shady practice, but I'm at 20k miles and do my own oil changes and tire rotations.
I had to take mine in early on for bad alignment and just sitting there waiting for 3 hours and having to drive 40 minutes to get to this dealer is enough reason for me never to go back unless it's for recall issues.

speaking of recalls, looks like the only one I'm affected by so far is the lower door garish needing to be filed down. No thank you. I'll wait for a more critical recall before going in.

·
Registered
288 Posts
  • Rotate Tires
  • Set tire pressures
  • Inspect undercarriage
  • Roadtest Vehicle
You need to tell them, before they do the service, to do ONLY the items stated as required in the manual. Otherwise, as you saw, they add on all kinds of BS.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts