Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a couple of months old, but Car and Driver put together a fun article that covers 10 clever features that the Palisade has. Personally I'd say quiet mode and the the one-button sliding seats are the most clever. What does everyone else think of this list?

The top 10 list includes:
  • Retractable Cupholders
  • Blind View Monitor
  • Two-Speed Power Rear Liftgate
  • Cord Tunnel
  • One-Button Sliding Seats
  • Integrated Grab Handles
  • Smartphone-Sized Pockets
  • Side Exit Assist
  • Quiet Mode
  • App-Based Driver Presets

·
Registered
245 Posts
One-button sliding seat was a featured on a 1974 Mazda RX-4 that I owned. You could operate the button behind the front passenger seat or a latch close to the drivers seat to make the passenger front seat slide forward for ease of access the the rear seats in this coupe. The slide was powered by a spring under the seat.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One-button sliding seat was a featured on a 1974 Mazda RX-4 that I owned. You could operate the button behind the front passenger seat or a latch close to the drivers seat to make the passenger front seat slide forward for ease of access the the rear seats in this coupe. The slide was powered by a spring under the seat.
I didn't realize that's been around for so long. I'm surprised it never caught on earlier as a standard feature.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is the two-speed liftgate only on the Limited? I have a SEL+Premium+Conv+Drivers. Haven't noticed the cord tunnel either. That would be helpful for Android Auto because plugging into the USB right by the charger with a long cord is too cluttered, but a short one is awkward while charging.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The cord tunnel is not what you are thinking. Under the shifter there is a large space for your purse. The USB and cig charger spots are in that area. There is a small tunnel from that area to the wireless charger/ cup holder area where you can run a cord thru.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That is what I was thinking. I meant, it'd rather run a USB to the input in the lower area than the one directly above the wireless charger.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think only the one by the wireless charger allows you to connect to the infotainment system though (Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, USB stick). All the other USB ports are just for charging. At least, that's what we were told.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ah, ok. I'll have to look into that. Still though, would be useful for charging one phone while another is on the wireless charger. Different topic, but: maybe we're not getting it but the Android Auto seems pretty useless, except for maybe app navigation. We can run calls, texts, and music through bluetooth just as easily and without locking out the other features.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ah, ok. I'll have to look into that. Still though, would be useful for charging one phone while another is on the wireless charger. Different topic, but: maybe we're not getting it but the Android Auto seems pretty useless, except for maybe app navigation. We can run calls, texts, and music through bluetooth just as easily and without locking out the other features.
I don't use Android Auto (Apple user here), but I must ask: what do you mean by locking out the other features? Do you mean that you can't get to the regular Hyundai interface if you're in Adroid Auto? If so, that would be strange. I know that, with Apple CarPlay, there is a button to switch back to the Hyundai interface. You sure there isn't one on Android?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't use Android Auto (Apple user here), but I must ask: what do you mean by locking out the other features? Do you mean that you can't get to the regular Hyundai interface if you're in Adroid Auto? If so, that would be strange. I know that, with Apple CarPlay, there is a button to switch back to the Hyundai interface. You sure there isn't one on Android?
There is

·
Registered
80 Posts
The cord tunnel is not what you are thinking. Under the shifter there is a large space for your purse. The USB and cig charger spots are in that area. There is a small tunnel from that area to the wireless charger/ cup holder area where you can run a cord thru.
Is the cord tunnel actually handy for storing your charger?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cord tunnel was a great idea but bad location. I find the cord running through that area gets in the way of the wireless charger and the cup holders. I sometimes have my phone on the wireless charger and the plugged in my fast charger. Also have the USB for Android auto/ apple car play right there too. Too many cords in the same spot with cup holders. Probably would've been better coming from the side of the center console.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cord tunnel was a great idea but bad location. I find the cord running through that area gets in the way of the wireless charger and the cup holders. I sometimes have my phone on the wireless charger and the plugged in my fast charger. Also have the USB for Android auto/ apple car play right there too. Too many cords in the same spot with cup holders. Probably would've been better coming from the side of the center console.
That's really interesting, I can see how it can get really annoying and messy, do you normally have multiple cables in your car?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts