Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that used the financing through Hyundai, did they try and nickel and dime with extra fees or is it truly just 1.9% on out-the-door price?

·
Registered
502 Posts
No xtra Fees from Hyundai but almost 100 percent of dealers will try to fee and sell options. Buyer always beware.

Destination is 1095
-Tax
-Doc Fees (normal, max varies by state).
-Reg Fees
-They will try to sell you Hyundai’s additional warranty above and beyond what car comes with
-Might try to stiff u on competitive or other rebates.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, I am in the weakest bargaining position possible. If I were to threaten to walk away due to extra dealer costs, they will just call the next person on the waiting list. I am already $1K over MSRP so I'll do what I can to knock down any extra fees.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Unfortunately, I am in the weakest bargaining position possible. If I were to threaten to walk away due to extra dealer costs, they will just call the next person on the waiting list. I am already $1K over MSRP so I'll do what I can to knock down any extra fees.
Why are you in the weakest bargaining position possible?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why are you in the weakest bargaining position possible?
St. Louis is just now starting to get Limiteds and all dealers I contacted have a waitlist or asking crazy numbers and this was 3 months before they were even getting Limiteds. If my dealer wants to stick it to me and throw every extra fee at me, I either take it or they call the next person on the waitlist. I'm sure they won't want to ruin a future relationship by doing so but it is supply/demand.

One dealer wasn't budging off of $9K over MSRP and were basically bragging about it. They let me walk without batting an eye. I put in a deposit in October for a Jan 7 delivery at $1K over MSRP and that's the best price and earliest delivery I could find. At that point, this was the last one that dealer had in production that didn't already have a deposit and that was with deliveries through March 2020.

I could certainly walk and get a different vehicle but I don't think the boss (wife) would appreciate that. Already has her heart set on this one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
St. Louis is just now starting to get Limiteds and all dealers I contacted have a waitlist or asking crazy numbers and this was 3 months before they were even getting Limiteds. If my dealer wants to stick it to me and throw every extra fee at me, I either take it or they call the next person on the waitlist. I'm sure they won't want to ruin a future relationship by doing so but it is supply/demand.

One dealer wasn't budging off of $9K over MSRP and were basically bragging about it. They let me walk without batting an eye. I put in a deposit in October for a Jan 7 delivery at $1K over MSRP and that's the best price and earliest delivery I could find. At that point, this was the last one that dealer had in production that didn't already have a deposit and that was with deliveries through March 2020.

I could certainly walk and get a different vehicle but I don't think the boss (wife) would appreciate that. Already has her heart set on this one.
I know everyone's situation is different and I'm sure you've already considered this, but waiting a little while, even a month could improve your negotiating position. Maybe wait even until NYE and see if you get MSRP?

·
Super Moderator
557 Posts
I would check out every dealer via the internet around your area and try to make a better deal i had to go 100 miles to get the deal i wanted and they tried to work in all kind of extras to no avail just hang tuff. The best time to buy is last Sunday of the month or holiday weekend. I would also check out auto trader and other internet sites also credit unions sam's club , coctco , USAA might be able to get you a deal.

·
Registered
58 Posts
As to your first question, we financed through Hyundai Motor Finance at 1.9% and had no extra fees added. We had sales tax, destination/freight, $100 in doc fees, registration, and we added the 3M film over the door edges and front end. We were given the only available incentive that we qualified for ($500 Conquest), and we negotiated our Limited AWD down to MSRP minus $500. We’re in the Twin Cities. Nobody has the Limiteds in stock here, but if you are willing to take a trip out of St. Louis and order a different car, I think you’ll find way better deals. It doesn’t sound like that’s a probable option for you, but I just thought I’d mention it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
O wow I had been asking Costco and they kept telling me No Palisade/Teluirde pricing at least up to around the end of October. Thats exciting. Well not for me but for those still showing:)

·
Registered
161 Posts

St Louis dealerships were the worst to talk to. One guy posted on here paying $7k over MSRP in St Louis. I saw similar story - over MSRP at a bunch of them. Look in Chicago area - most dealers here are charging MSRP or even a bit under and while the limiteds are in short supply, you should be able to find something among the 20+ dealerships in the area.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for replies. Lots of reasons as to why we don't have much flexibility on timing, biggest being we already sold what the Palisade is replacing but I will check out Chicago area. I don't mind making a trip up if worth it. I previously searched 500 miles any direction from me and came up empty but that was before the Dec/Jan shipments started making their way onto the web.

Glad, well maybe glad isnt the right word, to hear I wasn't the only STL person having no luck on price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts