Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting for my SEL premium to come in and anxious to get it, so trying to learn as much as I can about Palisade while I wait. So I pose the question: what are some of the tricks, tips, little-known features, etc, you found out about and want to share? Hidden compartment? Secret options or menu in the infotainment? Surprise feature you didn’t know came with the trim? Let’s hear ‘em! Let us know what year/trim/options you have. TIA!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Wish I knew about the lack of third row seating lights, gets very dark there. Thanks to this forum, remediated with couple of USB led lights. Bought a center console organizer and it helps quite a bit to get smaller items organized.

On a road trip as we speak, love every bit of time behind the wheel. Just realized, the headlights come on automatically along with auto sensing wipers in a heavy downpour. I have a 21 Calligraphy.

·
Registered
507 Posts
@ JRPalisade - which LED lights did you get for the 3rd row? I could use some!
The ones that I bought are currently unavailable but similar ones can be found here:

I taped the front of it with black electric tape to tone down the direct glare. The USBs turn off when the car is turned off, so it works great.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Do those lights have an off switch so that they can be turned off while the vehicle is under way? Or, is the only way to turn them off is turning off the vehicle? Or pulling them out? I don't like extraneous interior lights shining when trying to drive.
Thanks.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Do those lights have an off switch so that they can be turned off while the vehicle is under way? Or, is the only way to turn them off is turning off the vehicle? Or pulling them out? I don't like extraneous interior lights shining when trying to drive.
Thanks.
They don’t turn off, that’s why I stuck the tape to tame down the light and since it’s way in the back, it doesn’t really bother me during the driving.

I did use a on/off switch light like this and either of them works fairly well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
They don’t turn off, that’s why I stuck the tape to tame down the light and since it’s way in the back, it doesn’t really bother me during the driving.

I did use a on/off switch light like this and either of them works fairly well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did finally find a way to turn on the cruise control and switch it over to regular cruise control without taking too long without becoming too dangerous (I hope). Turn on cruise control and then hold down the little "distance to the car in front of you for about 5 seconds. Then press the little set button down once. This usually works and one's attention is not diverted from traffic for too awfully long. If it does not work, do it again and sometimes again. Usually then it works until the next time you start your car. Too bad they neglected putting in a way to keep your defaults the way you like them and not the way somebody who probably drives a different kind of car decided.

There are several things which I wish I'd known sooner, but so far, I haven't found useful solutions for them.
1. Is there a way to have it not kill the engine while at a stop?
2. Is there a way to completely turn off, permanently disable, the background noise function which gives "nature sounds" etc.? Is there a way to leave my media (radio on off switch) switch on when I get out of the car after having used it on bluetooth and not having it start back up with those unwanted nature sounds or whatever track that nuisance was left on the last time I turned the car off? Sometimes while I am listening to audio through bluetooth the phone is in the charge stand and bluetooth must momentarily cut out, then the Nature Sounds turns itself on and I have to either just turn the radio off or divert my attention from driving to getting my bluetooth back on. Most annoying.
I have a much longer list, but they will probably pull my response if I keep going.

I like driving the car most of the time once it is set up without the nuisance interferences, but really, I have to set it up way too often, and usually this is all done while driving. If I could do so without losing thousands of dollars, I would trade it back into them and look for a more user friendly car.

·
Banned
145 Posts
Waiting for my SEL premium to come in and anxious to get it, so trying to learn as much as I can about Palisade while I wait. So I pose the question: what are some of the tricks, tips, little-known features, etc, you found out about and want to share? Hidden compartment? Secret options or menu in the infotainment? Surprise feature you didn’t know came with the trim? Let’s hear ‘em! Let us know what year/trim/options you have. TIA!
[/QUOTE

I have an SEL with both packages (premium/convenience). The only thing I would consider would be whether you want to update the infotainment center. It might already come updated but if not you will lose the 3 part screen and it will be only a 2 part screen. I like the 3 part screen (navigation, weather & radio). FYI

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks.
I've had my 20 limited since June and still to this day I'm unaware of all it can do!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had my 20 limited since June and still to this day I'm unaware of all it can do!
I feel like that with a lot of new tech; I see people using the same device I have and thinking “hmm, that seems like something that would be beneficial for me. Buuuuut…I’m lazy and don’t want to figure it out.” Hence why I’m asking here what tips/tricks people have!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I feel like that with a lot of new tech; I see people using the same device I have and thinking “hmm, that seems like something that would be beneficial for me. Buuuuut…I’m lazy and don’t want to figure it out.” Hence why I’m asking here what tips/tricks people have!
The Hyundai all weather floor mats are amazing (this is coming from a weather tech fan boy). I replaced the license plate lamps with LED's and it looks a lot better/cleaner (I have a Hyper White Calligraphy)

Be very careful of what you use to clean the climate control screen as well as the back seat control screen- they scratch really easy.

I use the wireless charger for my airpods (works like a champ)

Get some kind of paint protection film for at least the front end. Spend your money on a good one that is preferably self healing. Get it done asap- as it could cost more to have paint correction done due to scratches and nicks.

I did opt for the stealth hitch- and I'm soo glad. It doesn't change the appearance at all- and I have zero issues towing my 21ft Center Console to the boat ramp.

Be mindful that you will be paying for at least every other oil change. They don't tell you this when you are buying it. That the 3 year complimentary oil changes do not include "severe driving conditions" which if you look up- it's hard not to be considered that.

Don't waste your money on dealer (or stealer as I call them) services like "fuel system cleaning" You can do that yourself- and save a shit ton of money. The don't do anything special...I've asked a friend who is a Hyundai tech. They put a 20 dollar additive and charge you upwards of $130-200.

That's all I can think about off the top of my head...I will continue to add as I learn. Good thread topic!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Hyundai all weather floor mats are amazing (this is coming from a weather tech fan boy). I replaced the license plate lamps with LED's and it looks a lot better/cleaner (I have a Hyper White Calligraphy)

Be very careful of what you use to clean the climate control screen as well as the back seat control screen- they scratch really easy.

I use the wireless charger for my airpods (works like a champ)

Get some kind of paint protection film for at least the front end. Spend your money on a good one that is preferably self healing. Get it done asap- as it could cost more to have paint correction done due to scratches and nicks.

I did opt for the stealth hitch- and I'm soo glad. It doesn't change the appearance at all- and I have zero issues towing my 21ft Center Console to the boat ramp.

Be mindful that you will be paying for at least every other oil change. They don't tell you this when you are buying it. That the 3 year complimentary oil changes do not include "severe driving conditions" which if you look up- it's hard not to be considered that.

Don't waste your money on dealer (or stealer as I call them) services like "fuel system cleaning" You can do that yourself- and save a shit ton of money. The don't do anything special...I've asked a friend who is a Hyundai tech. They put a 20 dollar additive and charge you upwards of $130-200.

That's all I can think about off the top of my head...I will continue to add as I learn. Good thread topic!
Great list and tips! Thanks for all of it!

·
Registered
110 Posts
The like or dislike of features are subject ones driving "style", ability to adapt, etc. I've been driving since 1947, learning in a Jeep on a military base. No heater, no AC, no cruise control, etc. Personally, notwithstanding negative comments on the idle stop and go, ours is flawless....I have to look at the Tach to see if engine off...it quietly restarts as soon as I take pressure off the brake. The adaptive cruise control makes highway driving a pleasure, leaving me only to steer to pass or pull in. As for Nature Sounds, yet to hear them nor have I tried...to me, a waste. My main consideration in buying was not appearance...I don't see it from the driver's seat...it was, getting older, what benefits/safety did it bring to me, passengers, and other drivers. With so many teviews, videos, the vehicle should not be much of surprise when signing on the dotted line.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The like or dislike of features are subject ones driving "style", ability to adapt, etc. I've been driving since 1947, learning in a Jeep on a military base. No heater, no AC, no cruise control, etc. Personally, notwithstanding negative comments on the idle stop and go, ours is flawless....I have to look at the Tach to see if engine off...it quietly restarts as soon as I take pressure off the brake. The adaptive cruise control makes highway driving a pleasure, leaving me only to steer to pass or pull in. As for Nature Sounds, yet to hear them nor have I tried...to me, a waste. My main consideration in buying was not appearance...I don't see it from the driver's seat...it was, getting older, what benefits/safety did it bring to me, passengers, and other drivers. With so many teviews, videos, the vehicle should not be much of surprise when signing on the dotted line.
True enough. It’s less about not knowing what I’m getting and more about the little known items that sometimes get overlooked in your average review, etc. Subjective, yes, but that’s what makes learning about this stuff fun!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did finally find a way to turn on the cruise control and switch it over to regular cruise control without taking too long without becoming too dangerous (I hope). Turn on cruise control and then hold down the little "distance to the car in front of you for about 5 seconds. Then press the little set button down once. This usually works and one's attention is not diverted from traffic for too awfully long. If it does not work, do it again and sometimes again. Usually then it works until the next time you start your car. Too bad they neglected putting in a way to keep your defaults the way you like them and not the way somebody who probably drives a different kind of car decided.

There are several things which I wish I'd known sooner, but so far, I haven't found useful solutions for them.
1. Is there a way to have it not kill the engine while at a stop?
2. Is there a way to completely turn off, permanently disable, the background noise function which gives "nature sounds" etc.? Is there a way to leave my media (radio on off switch) switch on when I get out of the car after having used it on bluetooth and not having it start back up with those unwanted nature sounds or whatever track that nuisance was left on the last time I turned the car off? Sometimes while I am listening to audio through bluetooth the phone is in the charge stand and bluetooth must momentarily cut out, then the Nature Sounds turns itself on and I have to either just turn the radio off or divert my attention from driving to getting my bluetooth back on. Most annoying.
I have a much longer list, but they will probably pull my response if I keep going.

I like driving the car most of the time once it is set up without the nuisance interferences, but really, I have to set it up way too often, and usually this is all done while driving. If I could do so without losing thousands of dollars, I would trade it back into them and look for a more user friendly car.
a common way to turn of the auto engine off at stop is to cut a piece of credit card about 1/8 inch wide and 1 and 1/8 inch long, Push down the auto off button and slide the piece of credit catd piece along the side of the button to hold it in the depressed position.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Vehicle Car I was today years old when I realized the angle of the front wheel changes in the driving force distribution screen as you turn the steering wheel (shown angled to turn right in the photo).

·
Banned
145 Posts
a common way to turn of the auto engine off at stop is to cut a piece of credit card about 1/8 inch wide and 1 and 1/8 inch long, Push down the auto off button and slide the piece of credit catd piece along the side of the button to hold it in the depressed position.
All these answers are in the infotainment center.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Something that I stumbled on this evening. My seat setting is set on 2nd button and I instinctively hit on it as soon as I got in the car, it was adjusting to the seat and mirrors to my preference. Not realizing that I had already hit the button and that it was in the middle of that operation, I pressed it again and the car paused the adjustments. Can’t think of a real world use but thought it was cool, wasn’t even aware of this functionality.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts